PDA

View Full Version : Donalds Breakfastosaurus Questions

Jeri
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
We are thinking about going here, and hope to get a 8:00am ADR. I have a couple questions first though.

How is it ? Is the food good? What characters are there?

I also was wondering if we go at 8:00 and the park opens at 9:00 where do they hold you till the park opens if you happen to get done before then?
My family tends to eat fast and so I was thinking maybe once the park opens at 9:00 we will already be farther in the park then everyone else and could either ride Expedition Everest right away or at least get a Fasspass.

Would this work? Is it even a good idea?:confused:
I needed to find 1 more TS and I thought maybe this would be good one that the kids would like, and we could get to Everest sooner.

kakn7294
04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
We went in December and I thought the food was excellent - others have complained though. The characters were Donald, Mickey, and Goofy. Getting the FP for EE is probably a great idea. I don't know where they hold you before the park opens.

TexasPrincessAurora
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
They will go ahead and let you in to the park, but will direct you non-stop to the Breakfastasaurus.

The food is good with some unique selections, although I will say that the selections have become more limited over the last few years.

If your family likes to eat fast then you are in luck. This is probably the most rushed meal at WDW. They rush you to get in line for food, they rush you to eat, they rush you through your meetings with the characters and once you've met the characters they rush you to pay and move on out the door so more can get in. It is not the place for personal one on one character interaction or a place to linger over your meal.

It's a neat idea and concept, if they would just let everyone take time to enjoy it a bit more.

Milan23
04-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I was thinking of eating here on our AK day, but I like a leisurely breakfast, so this might not be a good idea. Guess it's back to the drawing board for another character breakfast.

kakn7294
04-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I was there with a group of 11 and we did not feel rushed at all. Our server was very nice and played with the kids. The characters were good about taking multiple pictures - even some with the grown-ups in the group. The only problem that we encountered was an even larger group (Italian I think) who didn't speak English (or so they wanted you to believe???) who insisted on sending their kids over to our tables to grab the characters when it was their turn at our tables - we were ahead of them in the rotation. The CM's with the characters finally gave up after repeated attempts to explain how the system works and had the characters go to those tables first, then come to us. I totally enjoyed this breakfast and it's on the list for a return trip someday.

Natazu
04-03-2007, 02:02 AM
:twocents:
This restaurant is so... I mean, it's... hey, how about McDonalds instead? There's one like right on the way to AK. There's no duck but the food is better and they don't chase you out after 20 minutes.

DizneyRox
04-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I would argue that Donalds is THE best character breakfast on property. I think the food is top notch (for breakfast) as there's something for everyone. I've never had a problem with characters, they have always been great with us (and we don't have kids).

The characters (unless they changed them) are Donald, Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto.

If you happen to leave early, they hold you in an area near the entrance of the restaurant until the park opens. It's fairly close to EE and also Dinosaur so you can knock out two rides before much of the park guests even get in.

Donalds is a must do for us each year, much like Biergarten and the Hoop Dee Doo.

Melanie
04-03-2007, 07:45 AM
We probably won't do this restaurant again, at least until the reviews improve a bit.

We did this breakfast a year ago, and it was a so-so experience. The seating procedure stinks! I wouldn't recommend the earliest seating, since you are placed in the very first room, and then must deal with the later seatings being squeezed by your table to be seated in the next room. That combined with everyone getting up and down to go to the buffet, along with the characters making their rounds, made for a very chaotic atmosphere.

Some people don't mind it, but it's not for us.

We ate here back in '03, and we had a great time! But earlier seatings were placed in the inside room. To us, that made a huge difference.

Going early and getting Everest FPs is a good idea. They won't let you out of Dinoland until 9am sharp though!

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
I have no desire what so ever to eat here...but we have an 8 am ressie in 3 weeks with friends of my son. I'll let you know!

Jeri
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I wonder if the way they do the seating will be a problem. My oldest has Aspergers and he really doesn't like people real real close. He does OK with waiting in line for rides he justs likes a little personal space.

How packed in our you? Normal busy resturant or is it elbow to elbow? Is it all tables or are there some booths?
Does any one have pictures of the inside so I can see what we are dealing with before hand. Sometimes if I can show him things first he feels prepared for that situation. It is hard to explain his quirks ( Aspergers) , sometimes I don't understand them myself.

DizneyRox
04-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure if there are booths. I only remember tables, and you're NOT packed in like sardines. I've been in a few different rooms and don't recall ever feeling like there was a lack of space. I do see what people are saying about it being a little chaotic, but that's really not an issue for us anyway. It's not like people are brushing past you constantly banging your elbows, etc. There is a lot of movement of people going up to the buffet, etc, but it's like that any place there's a buffet.

We actually would prefer some of the out of the way rooms, you won't notice the hectic pace of everyone going to get food.

Book early in the day though. And also, mkae sure you have reservations. It is a very popular breakfast and without reservations, you will probably be turned away.

disneydrmr
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
This one was a disappointment and a never do again for us when we went in December. Server was poor, food was below quality. Character interaction was rushed. As to your questions about getting to Everest - they hold you until 9am then lead you behind a rope all the way to the Everest line.... BUT.. this rope crowd is also being led from the other areas of the park, and you will be on the wrong side of the Everest line for a fast entrance... those coming from the opposite side of the park will be able to enter before you. SOooooo.... if the whole purpose of eating here is SOLELY based on being able to get to Everest first - don't waste the TS... again, you are further into the park, but due to the rope leading you will not beat the others at the main entrance.... you all get there at the same time and you will be on the wrong side of the Everest entrance.

OctDisney
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
We loved Donald's character breakfast.
What we did was go when there was an early morning hour at the park, so it opened at 8:00 am.

We did Everest(then a fast pass for later), then the Safari, Pangani Trail, and then the Lion King.

Next stop, 10:30 am breakfast. Worked great, a little rushed at the beginning, but I thought it was great. Only downside, not as many selections as say Chef Mickey's, but not bad.

moe513
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
This is our least favorite breakfast. The food is just okay. Cape May and CRT are much better. When we went we got early ADRS, had breakfast and then waited for the park to open. They dont let you leave that area till the park opens. It will give you a great head start to EE because you are much closer. Enjoy

CleveSJM
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm with Melanears about not getting an early ADR. My problem was specifically with the OJ in the caraffes. It had to be old. Tasted ok but it sent me and my FIL back to the room in a couple hours for a day of :sick::ack::ill:.

Food was ok. We both felt better by the next day... Glad my DW, MIL and kids all drank milk.

It was busy but not packed. Not elbow to elbow. They still need room for the characters to walk around so it's not that bad.

The fossils in the rooms are quite nice. Especially in the display chests that get covered up during the day with the Breakfast signage. It's like a Hard Rock Cafe for fossil lovers.