PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate resort for 2 adults 1 kid

caryrae
04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
My wife and I have always stayed at value resorts but I would love to try a moderate resort at least once. We want to take our will be 6 year old niece to WDW and I was wondering which moderate resort would kids like the best? We plan to take her sometime in 2008 probably like Aug. We have been many times our niece has only been once and that was 2 years ago.

Dsnygirl
04-02-2007, 09:38 PM
My DH & I stayed at CBR w/ our girls last May, and we loved it - very family/kid friendly with lots of playgrounds and beaches. We found it to be a very relaxing resort, too - even though there were lots of families, it's big enough that you don't feel like everyone's on top of you and there are enough pools so it didn't seem crowded at all. We thought it was great! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
We stayed at POFQ last August, DH, DD (then 7) and myself, and loved it!

We enjoyed the small-size of the resort, the fact that everything was close. DD LOVED the pool and the slide (in fact, she almost wanted to swim more than go to the parks). The food court was fine, never too busy, friendly cast members. :thumbsup:

We like the bus, and that it stopped first at POFQ, and we only had to continue onto POR once in a while.

Overall, we really enjoyed POFQ, and are planning to return for our trip May 2008.

Enjoy :mickey:

wdwdreamer
04-02-2007, 10:06 PM
We have stayed at POR with my two girls when they were younger first year 4 & 6. We stayed at the Bayou for two years and then to the Mansions the last time when they were 8 & 10.
We liked the food court, loved the river you could take a boat from the resort to downtown disney which was very relaxing and a great ride and break from the buses. Landscaping was wonderful.

The last two times we stayed at CBR, we stayed in Aruba both times and crossed the island to get to the pool and food court. The pool was better here, had cannons shooting water and a water slide. Served very good Berry Darquiris at the pool side bar. We could also see the tip of the fireworks from Epcot at the pool We usually took a break and let the kids enjoy the pool at night while we rested our feet, read and enjoyed a drink. Very relaxing. Food court here was also very good! Tatoos and Hairbrading with tropical themed music. This resort if very large and spead out, many bus stops inside the resort so it took a little while to make the rounds and pick up everyone before heading out. Make sure you are careful about which building you stay to be close to the bus and main area.

I love both, my kids say CBR is their favorite, they are now 11 and 13.:mickey:

Goofeygal
04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Our favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. It is just beautiful.:mickey:

sunlyon
04-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Our 2nd trip was to POR. My DD was 6 and LOVED this resort. We had a great time fishing, renting a surrey, the landscaping was very "southern" and soothing and the dining area was great.

Although we are trying out different resorts each time we go, I still love POR. The bus service is excellent here and rarely "packed" like the ones to CBR and CSR. The buses to CBR also seem to always be the last in the line at the parks for pickup (which is a consideration for your feet).

scootch713
04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Having only been to FQ, my kids LOVED the dragon slide too..... plus the smaller/less walking is a plus.

disney100%
04-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Por is absolutely my families favorite, but CBR is a close second.

We like the food court and gift shop at POR. Plus, we love the opportunity to take the boat to DtD.

KAT1811
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
We love the CSR. We go every year and take our three DDs with us. I love this hotel because it has a little bit for everyone.

The pool is fabulous for kids and adults. The kids love the slide and I love the fact that I can go on the other side of the pool with the little one where it is quiet or in the baby pool where she can splash around on her own.

The food court is tons of fun. There is a full service sit down restaurant and a lounge.

There is a gym and spa.

Lovely resort to take a stroll at night. You can also rent boats and water craft at the marina.

Usually not busy because many conventioneers use this resort for their conventions and as a result don't use the amenities the hotel has to offer because they are in seminars all day.

I highly recommend the CSR you won't regret it!

moe513
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
POFQ has a great pool for small kids. It has serpeant slide.

mudpuppysmom
04-03-2007, 06:26 PM
POFQ was good for us.....and our DS (5). He really enjoyed the pool and the slide and the walk along the river, and the guys at the food court who gave him mardi gras coins and beads!

GenieOfPA
04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
we really like POFQ, and the pool is a great one for kids. it is very big and even has a sea serpent slide! plus, there is a nearby outdoor hottub for the adults to enjoy

caryrae
04-04-2007, 11:38 AM
WOW a three way tie so far. This is gonna be a tough choice but sounds like I can't go wrong.

mdricks
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
POFQ. Wonderful resort. Its the best mix of adult and kid.

tyeepup
04-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I recently stayed at POR on a business trip and so wished my wife and 8yo DD had been there. The resort is quiet and friendly, the grounds are immaculate, and there's lots of birds and other critters to make a morning walk a joy. What I would have enjoyed with them most were the extra activities on-site, the fishin' hole, the boat to DTD, the carriage rides, the outrageous performer in the bar in the evenings (a kid-friendly show). I liked the sit down restaurant (jambalaya and bread pudding!) and the relaxed feel. If you get a room with a trundle bed, it offers a sleeping option, especially if your niece is an "active" sleeper like mine. She can have her own bed.

JoDisney
04-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Since your niece is only 6 yrs.old, I would definitely recommend POFQ. The Sea Serpent pool has a shorter slide and the water is not as deep in most places and is perfect for the younger child. It is a smaller resort, and it is lovely. As she gets older, she is not going to want that shorter slide and low water areas. My kids are older now and do not prefer that resort any more because of the pool. When they were younger they loved it, but as they grew they prefer POR and BC.

animalkingdomguy
04-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I have stayed at POR and CB with my family including our elementary school age children. We prefered the theming of the POR over CB. Both resorts are great and have good pools, food courts and good theming. The CB is very spread out and it can be quite a hike from rooms to the food court and main pool. Either will yield a magical vacation, pick one and enjoy.

mook3y
04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Why not let your neice look at pictures and pick? :)

My guess....

She will take one look at the dragon slide at POFQ and be sold.

I know last year, our kids couldn't wait to go back to the resort to go swimming and ride on the dragon. :thumbsup:

dumbo ears
04-05-2007, 12:00 AM
id say french quarter because it has a very nice property.

ShanPooh
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
My parents and son have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. My son just turned five at the time. From what I heard, there didn't seem to be a lot of walking involved to get the bus. The water slide really amused my son and I think it even encouraged him to try to swim a little more.

My vote is for Port Orleans French Quarter from how my parents and son liked it.
I never stayed there myself though. I've only stayed at one of the moderates.

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach when it first opened. I was in high school and my family was all able to do all the walking between the islands and the Old Port Royale. I enjoyed the pool, birds, and tubbie boats on the lake a lot though.