PDA

View Full Version : Golden Vine Winery & the MSEP

CogsworthWest
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
My wife and daughter I will be visiting the DLR late May with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. MY MIL hasn't visited the park in 30 YEARS! She's excited to be heading back, but concerned about her ability to walk, stand, and be jostled all day. She's in fairly good health, but walking all day could take its toll.

One of her "must sees" is the MSEP. I told her about the possibility of getting a table at the Golden Vine Winery during the parade, but that it wouldn't be cheap. However, the idea of sitting on the hard ground, standing, or having to reserve a spot on a bench an hour before the parade doesn't excite her.

I just called today and parade-side seating is $60 for adults and $50 for children. I need to hear from my fellow Intercotees if this is worth the expense. I've done the Fantasmic balcony and really enjoyed it..that's a one time thing...and I'm wondering if this is might be considered the same. If you done it, let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

:mickey:

tinkwest
04-07-2007, 08:29 AM
There are so many good viewing locations along the route of Disney's Electrical Parade that I don't know that you would actually have an improved view from the winery. But as you said, it would eliminate the need to "hold" a spot for a lengthy period of time.

Although I have never personally viewed from the winery seats I don't think I would want to spend the extra bucks. I like to be up close during this particular parade. Then again, I don't remember what you get from the restaurant when you purchase these seats. That could also help you in your decision.

Could a few from your group be willing to save seats for the rest that don't think they can sit for that long?

autumn
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Depending on the day you go, there may be no need to resverve seats at all. I've seen the MSEP at DCA three or four times, and each time there have been loads of gaps right along the sidewalk, so you could just walk up the moment it starts and have a fantastic view right then and there. People just don't line up for this like they do in other palces. I don't know why.

Also, an alternative could be to make a reservation at the restaurant right there for dinner and asked to be seated outside. That would give you a liesurely meal for an affordable price and "free" seats.

BrerGnat
04-29-2007, 02:24 PM
There is no reason to pay for a preferred seat for Electrical Parade.

Unlike the parade route at DL, the one at DCA is VERY long. It starts way over in Paradise Pier and ends up near the entrance plaze. The parade route is about twice the width of that at DL as well, and the available space to see it from is about triple that of DL. There is NO NEED to find a spot more than about 5-10 minutes before parade time.

That said, my favorite viewing spot is actually right in front of the winery, near A Bug's Land. That seems to have the most open space. However, there are also a LOT of benches along the route, and people tend to not stand in front of the benches when people are sitting in them. The parade is not nearly as exciting to most people as the fireworks show next door at DL, so you will hardly find crowds for the parade at DCA.

My advice would be to find an available bench about 15-20 min before the parade starts. Send one of your party over to Burr-Bank Ice Cream or the Winery counter to get some treats or a glass of wine, and then enjoy them while you wait for the parade.

In my opinion, $60 is excessive for a preferred viewing spot, especially since the actual seats are located up above the parade route and the view is not THAT good!

You can also rent a wheelchair, and perhaps look into an area for handicapped viewing (ask a CM).

Chescat
05-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Are you booking a trip through Disney Travel? I believe If you use your Disney VISA you get as part of the package either preferred seating at MSEP or the Parade of Dreams (I have to coupons, just trying to remember if it was the Disney VISA that rewarded it??). For MSEP they have benches and such in a special area just as the parade ends (by the Playhouse Disney) and the entrance there. Its a great view as the floats come around the corner. :mickey:

But I have also stood over in the area by Bug's Life and you get a great view and not that crowded. Also if you are going to be there on a friday night, it might be better, less people than sat or sun night.