PDA

View Full Version : Disney Boardwalk/Downtown Disney

MattJenRocky
04-02-2007, 06:37 PM
My hubby and I will be staying in Disney World April 27 to May 5th and I was wondering if there are any restaurants in Downtown Disney or at the Boardwalk where you can just walk in and get a table without making a reservation. Does anyone know if you can do this?

Also is it possible to get on a waiting list for a reservation in case there is a cancellation?

Maleficent's Dad
04-02-2007, 07:02 PM
The Boardwalk has two restaurants that do not accept traditional ADR's: The ESPN Club and the Big River Grill & Brewery.

Note that the Big River does accept actual reservations 24 hours in advance (made at the podium), but 95% of those dining do not have any ressies. As for ESPN, be prepared to wait if there is a big event for the sports enthusiast.

I can't comment on DTD as we do not frequent the area! :mickey:

Disneyfun
04-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Planet Hollywood accepts ADR's but they are rarely needed - for a reason :ack: :sick: :ill:

Seriously, at DTD there is Earl of Sandwich, Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop, House of Blues' counter service, and Missing Link Sausage Company (Never eaten there so I don't have a clue what it's like).
Bongos' is also nice and in the late evening, I have never seen it too busy to get a tabel. There are also 2 Wolfgang Puck counter service restaurants that have an ecclectic menu.

At the Boardwalk, ESPN is good for hamburgers and the like. On the boardwalk, you can get corndogs and crepes and then watch the live nightly entertainment!

Duchess99
04-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Raglan Road does not honor traditional ADRs. On a Wed night in the value season at around 9pm we had to wait about 45 min for a table for 2. So go early and be prepared to wait. But the food is fantastic and well worth it. And, if you can get a seat at the bar you can eat there fairly quickly.
I highly recommend it.