PDA

View Full Version : Tips on going to Fantasmic without the dinner package...

sunshinegirl
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
We want to go to see Fantasmic, but we are not doing so with the dinner package. Any tips on going? What time should we (5 people) go to wait on line? What time does the show start? Can we walk in late or do they close the entrance? Thanks.

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, you don't want to do the dinner package...it's a waste. Basically Fantasmic is done is a large ampatheater. My suggestion is to get there about 30 min. before the show starts. Just ask a cast member about show times or find it in your park map, they usually do it twice a night during peak season...and get ready to do the wave during the 30 minutes your waiting, for some reason the Wave breaks out every single time....Hope you have fun!

Goes4FastPass
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd call 30 minutes a bit tight. The unfortunate thing is, even a hour is not to early to arrive most days.

A few tips:

If there are 2 showings the night you want to go. I've always heard [though never tested] that you can go to the second show without arriving far in advance.

Food can be taken into the seating area - and they sell food there - so the wait can be a picnic of sorts.

You can get WET sitting in the first several rows.

I don't think they (someone correct me) close the entrance unless the 'theater' is full-full. I've heard some people prefer arriving later and standing in the back. The views is fine and those in the back are the first ones out.

If the park closing time coincides with show ending time (This is often the case if there's just one show) be prepared to be in a crowd making their way out of the park. If you're making your way back to Swan/Dolphin, or Boardwalk area resports the boat wait can be long - might be better to walk 'home'.

pogo
04-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Fantasmic is a show that is a must do for us every trip !:thumbsup:

We have never had a problem gettiing a good seat there, but we go in late April or Early May when the crowds are on the light side.:mickey:

If you are going during a peak time, you will want to get there early ( one hour ) to wait in line.:(

But it very much worth the wait ! Enjoy. :D

LoriMistress
04-02-2007, 07:11 PM
DH and I had front and center seats. And there is a bit of a mist (but I wouldn't call it getting wet), and the show is literally right in front of your face, which is fine. Every seat is a good seat. It all depends on how long you're willing to wait. If you want to sit in the back, you probably will have to show up 20-15 minutes before the show start (though it's not a garentee that you will be allowed.) Though, if you want to sit in the front, you'll have to wait at least 2 hours.

MOJoe
04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Check the MGM callender for the dates that offer 2 shows. On nights with only 1 show, you will need to be in line about an hour before show time. On nights with 2 shows, the 2nd show is much easier to get into. Arriving 20 minutes before time will get you in.

MickeysBestPal
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
"In line?"

Michigander
04-03-2007, 10:22 AM
you'll get to walk to the seating area by that time. The second show is always less filled and I've only gone during Peak time so the park is packed but there has always been seats left when the show starts.:)

Dyanna
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Are strollers allowed inside the show or does our daugher (10 months) sit in out laps?

KylesMom
04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
sunshinegirl: When are you planning to go?

Dyanna, you'll need to park your stroller before you are admitted to the amphitheater, then retrieve it on your way out. DD will sit on your lap. The seats are actually metal bleacher benches and not stadium chairs.

Disney Doll
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I think how early will partly depend on the time of year and crowd levels. We always go in Feb. It is less crowded, but there is only one show per night. We usually get there about 45 min early. We always get great seats. We take that opportunity to relax a while. Plus, we enjoy a hot dog dinner from the concession stand while we wait.

sunshinegirl
04-03-2007, 03:02 PM
staying at Pop Century. Thanks for your help!!!

sunshinegirl
04-03-2007, 03:08 PM
"In line?"

I am not sure....I was born in Phila, PA and we said "in line". I have been living in NYC and NJ now, and people say "on line"....so I really don't know.......