PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find good scrapbboking stuff?

suzyv98
04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi I am going to DW in July and I am starting to gather my supplies so I can scrap my family. Does anyone have a good place to find stuff and do they have stuff at DW? Is there something specific I should do when we are there?

Thanks in advance.:mickey:
Glad I found you guys.

Suzyv98

Lehman Family
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I saw some scrapbooking stuff in a store in DTD. I can't remember the name of the store, but it had a lot of Disney art in it. I'd imagine they have things elsewhere in the parks.

Caroleh
04-02-2007, 03:10 PM
There is a scrapbooking store at DTD. It was in with the Art of Disney, if I remember right. There is also scrapbooking stuff at the different parks. It depends if you want paper exculsive to the parks or not. Personally, when I go to scrapbook stores, I always keep out an eye for paper that I can use. I found the paper packs I found at WDW was full of stuff I didn't like.

Just the other day I found some great paper for POC. It had a bunch of pirate stuff on it. One page looked like a map, another was a black background, with some writing on it..I remember it said Capt. Jack Sparrow. The manufacturer was Rusty Pickle. My suggestion is look at you local stores first to see what's available, you can always go back to the local shop after you get home.

suzyv98
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Just the other day I found some great paper for POC. It had a bunch of pirate stuff on it. One page looked like a map, another was a black background, with some writing on it..I remember it said Capt. Jack Sparrow. The manufacturer was Rusty Pickle. My suggestion is look at you local stores first to see what's available, you can always go back to the local shop after you get home.

Thanks- I have seen some regular paper that I can use. Also check out Junkitz boys rule - it is brand new, I met her at a local function with my LSS. Junkitz has the skull and cross bones plus flames. It seems to be very HOT this year and with the new movie coming out, I can't wait.

This is my first scrap of Disney so I will probably start gathering fro now until I finish it. I am also going to try to get to http://www.mousememories.com/ when we are down in July. It looks like they have a pretty good assortment of stuff, I just need to know how much money to start saving for my obsession. :mickey:

Thanks for all the advice

Suzyv98

Zippy 1
12-09-2007, 11:20 PM
If you visit mousememories - take lots of money. I order from them all the time!! They have tons of DIsney stuff for scrapbooking. Enjoy!

missbunny
12-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I find scrapbooking items at Walmart, Michael's and AC Moore. You can also find things on ebay like decorative punchers and patches.
We also save things from our vacation like tickets, napkins, menus, and other odds and ends.

MickeyMousse
01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
At The Art of Disney in DTD, there is one side of the store where you can find scrapbooking items. :mickey:

T_I_Double Guh_Err
01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I love to scapbook also.
The place in DW that i get most of my things is at the art of disney in downtown disney. They have a very good selection
Another place to look would be The World of Disney which is downtown also. That has just about everything in the world that you could ever imagine
Good Luck!:thumbsup:

biodtl
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't scrapbook, but I was in Michael's this weekend and saw lots of Disney materials (actually DD spotted tham and freaked out).

*goofy'sgirls*
03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree with everyone else. DTD has a store that has great scrapbooking stuff. I also saw some cool stuff at Michael's. My DD's picked out my favorite ride Small World stickers and Snow White for my youngest. But just be ready to spend if you pick them up in DTD. Have a great trip and good luck finding something to save your memories!:mickey:

adoptionislove
03-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Do you have Dollar Tree in your area? If so, there are some cute Disney stickers and pages there!

luvkatiebug
03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
The store in DTD is great, but I saw some super cute Disney stuff at Walmart the other day. In their scrapbooking section, there were tons of stickers including princesses, the castle and so on. I was really surprised at the options. They also had some books and papers. Check it out!:mickey:

chicklittlemom
03-12-2008, 05:19 PM
As a Huge scrapbooker, I was so excited to go to DTD and look at the "scrapbooking" store. I hope it has changed since I was there. All there was to offer was a couple of packs with some stickers and papers with the various parks on them. I left not buying anything. But when I went in the gift shop at AKL, they had the same packs there. So also check your resort's gift shop.

1st, try your local scrapbooking store. At my local store, they have a "Castle" that is full of Disney specific options. I've found EK Success has a lot of punches and stickers. Also found eyelets with "ears". I used to work on a Design Team at a local scrapping store and have done several Disney projects. So much fun!

Also, Michael's has a good choice and in our area, you can find a coupon in Sunday's paper, usually.

What's more fun- Scrapping or shopping for the perfect supplies? I'm not sure I could pick:secret:

momofaprincess
03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Most of the stores that sell camera supplies or sell photopass CDs seem to have scrapbook stuff as well as some general merchandise stores. Some of the best scrapbooking items that my kids and I have found are free - brochures from the parks and parties, cutting out the maps from the brochures and using as a background on a page, Mickey stickers from cast members, Mickey and castle cut from cups at restaurants, etc. It's a really fun cheap way to scrapbooks, esp. with kids. :mickey:

disneycutie165
06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Creative Memories also sells great Disney scrapbooking stuff!:silly::laughing: