PDA

View Full Version : Sea world???

First Mate Kate
04-02-2007, 01:48 AM
We are going to WDW for 7 days in late August. Last year the kids saw signs for SeaWorld and really wanted to go, we told them maybe the next time. Well, it's the next time. Only I really don't want to waste any days away from WDW parks. Any thoughts. Is Seaworld as fun and accomadating to small kids(ages 2,4 and 8)?

faline
04-02-2007, 05:45 AM
I've always greatly enjoyed my visits to Sea World though I've heard about some negative experiences recently - such as the whale show being canceled and the water skiing show not scheduled.

goofiecrazy
04-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Its not a waste of time the kids will have a good time.They can feed several of the animals plus there is a section for kids to play as well.

chrisandmattsmom
04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
My boys, ages 7 and 4, LOVED SeaWorld!! They loved it just as much as WDW!! The sealion show is hilarious and they also liked feeding the sealions. There is a section for little kids which they also liked. I would definately go back. If your kids like animals, then I think they will like SeaWorld.

2Epcot
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I've never been to Sea World Orlando, but have many great memories of going to Sea World San Diego with my family when I was a kid. My brother and I often talked about the shows when we got back home. I never been interested in visiting the Orlando park, but maybe that is because I am so close to the one here. My family met up there a couple of years ago, and had a great time.

Rockstar Boyfriends
04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
The best part of Sea World for kids is Shamu's Happy Harbor. There's a big play area, kiddie flat rides, and a kiddie coaster. Be careful...if you put your kid in that area, he or she may not want to come out!

wire0monkey
04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
We went to SeaWorld with my 4 and 2 year old in September. They loved it. It wasn't crowded, and they got to spend lots of time on everything they wanted. The 4 year old is animal crazy so it was a big deal for him. There was no Shamu show, but the dolphin show was good. My kids were thrilled to get up close and personal with the dolphins and the rays in the petting/feeding areas.

It was a nice change of pace.

StillSimbaGirl
04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
My DD, now 8, LOVES Sea World - loved it at 5; loved it at 7....Shamu's Happy Harbor is heaven on earth for her. Save plenty of time for that!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
We do one day at Sea World every trip. My kids, 9,7 and 3 LOVE it. We have never had a problem with the Shamu show being cancelled. I know I would not be too happy if it was, however, there is enough for my kids to do there that they would be fine.

It is usually a shorter day for us there. We arrive around 9:30 and have the car service pick us up at 5:30 or so.

I know we are planning another day there this September. My kids want to DIne with Shamu. :cool: