princessgirls
04-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Cast of Characters:

Fred, Julie, Morgan (6) & Madison (5)
Bob, Kelly, Carlin (8) & Clayton (6)

Dates: March 24-31

Accomodations: Venice Beach home and the Bonnet Creek Resort

Saturday March 24:

We left Newark Liberty at 8:00am and we were off Fort Meyers airport. We traveled on Jet Blue and everything went perfectly. We arrived to beautiful sunny skies and warm temperatures!
Once at our destination, we relaxed by the pool, and enjoyed the sun. Went out for a nice dinner and watched an incredible sunset from Venice Beach. A great day!

Sunday March 25:

Beach Day! Spent a great day on Venice Beach enjoying the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida. We all enjoyed the day. It was wonderful. We enjoyed another nice meal, and incredible sunset.

Monday March 26:

Packed up and headed over to Orlando about a 90 minute drive. We found the Bonnet Creek Resort no problem. It is located right next to Disney's Carribean Beach Resort. The resort is beautiful. Lazy River, big beautiful pools, and we have a three bedroom suite. It's HUGE!! The kids entered the room first and were all screaming with delight! We had some fun time relaxing at the pool and then it is off to Chef Mickey's for our 6:30 ADR. The kids are so excited about getting over to Chef Mickey's. It does not dissappoint. It was our first time there for dinner and it was delicious. We got lots of pictures and autographs and the kids were up and dancing around. Great way to kick off the Disney portion of our vacation!!
After our great dinner, we went right over to the Magic Kingdom to get a few hours in before it closed. We were able to get right on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Pirates of the Carribean which is great with the Jack Sparrow additions. LOVED IT!! Morgan and Madison's favorite ride in all of Disney is Splash Mountain, that being said, we were able to ride on it 4 times. Carlin and Clay loved it too! We hit Big Thunder 2 times and then the park was closing. We were happy with what we accomplished in the few hours we were in the park. It wasn't too crowded tonight, but tomorrow will be a different story....
Stay tuned. I will post more adventures tomorrow!
Julie

pogo
04-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Sounds like a very good start. I can't wait to read more. :D

January-2007
04-01-2007, 06:47 PM
What a great first 3 days! I think it's such a neat idea to add a trip to the beach. Might have to do that one of these days... Can't wait to hear more, thanks for reporting!:thumbsup:

faline
04-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Great start! Your accommodations sound beautiful!

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
We have friends staying at Bonnet Creek while we are at the Beach Club this May; hope I get to check it out. I'm impressed with all you got done at MK. Looks like a wonderful day for all.
Karen :mickey:

tron80
04-02-2007, 01:13 AM
You even went to Ft.Myers & Venice Beach,awesome. I really love the Ft.Myers/Naples area..even better if it has a trip to WDW!

HndrdPrcnt
04-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a great start....I can't wait to read more.

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
A day at the beach, dinner at Chef Mickeys and a wonderful evening Splash Mountain... sounds like the perfect start to a dream trip to me! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
On our first tip to Disney World, we also combined it with a beach trip because I didn't want to miss a year of going to our favorite spot on the gulf. Problem was, after only having a few days at "the World", the beach was kind of a let down. Now that we've discovered how much we love vacationing at WDW, we haven't been back to the beach since! I think you did it the right way, going before you get to Disney. Once you're there, you never want to leave!

Bethis26fan
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
That sounds like a busy start. Can't wait to hear more.

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2007, 02:46 AM
I can't wait to hear more either, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

conorsmom2000
04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Julie, sounds like a great start!! :mickey: We always start our trips off with dinner at Chef Mickey's - it's such a great way to really know you're at Disney!! :thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
04-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a wonderful way to start your vacation! Can't wait to read more!