PDA

View Full Version : Blades of Glory - Movie Review

DisneyGiant
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Saw this last night - thought it was hysterically funny! (Even though it was "stupid-funny" in some spots)!

There were 10 year old kids in the theater - which I thought odd since there was some sexual innuendo in it. No nudity though - and basically no curse words either.

Will Ferrell's part reminded me of the homeless gross disgusting guy he did on SNL who posed in the art class nude.

The other guy - John Somebody (don't remember his last name) played what some people think is a stereotypical effeminate ice skater.

Craig T Nelson is comical as what else - "the Coach." And real life husband and wife couple Will Arnett and Amy Poehler (also from SNL) play brother and sister - they are funny too.

This movie especially works if you like to watch the ice skating competitions!

If you need a night of laughter - go see this movie!!!!

PirateLover
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the review! My boyfriend and I really want to see this, but we decided to catch a weekday matinee, as we weren't excited over the prospect of spending $30 to see a movie on opening weekend that we know teenagers are flocking to, especially since the theater we frequent has been going down the tubes lately. Too bad this one isn't playing at the Ritz ;)

ChipnDaleGal
04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Four of us went to see it last night and we are giving all eight of our thumbs WAY UP!! Yes, it was silly at times, but it was so funny. We laughed almost the entire movie. Will Ferrell didn't even have to say anything sometimes, it was just the look in his eyes. Sometimes you just need to go to a movie that sends you to your happy place for 90 minutes. One of the best therapies out there to cure what ails you!! We will definitely go see it again before it leaves the theatres and it will be a must own DVD! :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
So this isn't a review but I just wanted to tell all fans of "The Office" to go watch Blades of Glory because Jenna Fischer(Pam) is in it!

Anything she's in has to be great!

2Epcot
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
We went to see it last night, and I enjoyed it very much. I laughed through the entire movie. I'm also fans of most of the cast, so it was fun to see all of them in the film. Will Ferrell does a great job as always.

MNNHFLTX
04-05-2007, 02:00 PM
We saw it last Saturday and thought it was hilarious. Will Ferrell was entertaining, as always, and it was a riot to see Jon Heder in his peacock costume get-up (and doesn't he have the most perfect teeth, too?)

An intellectually stimulating movie it's not, but it is a lot of fun. We actually liked it better than Talladega Nights. :D

Kate In Wonderland
04-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the reviews everybody! I haven't seen it yet, but I'm dying to see it.

imaprincess!
04-29-2007, 02:10 AM
My 11-year old son was begging me to go see it. I thought it would be okay, but THANKFULLY I saw a clip on some nighttime talk show and realized it wasn't quite appropriate for someone his age! Glad to hear it's funny, though.

Jenemmy
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
My 11-year old son was begging me to go see it. I thought it would be okay, but THANKFULLY I saw a clip on some nighttime talk show and realized it wasn't quite appropriate for someone his age! Glad to hear it's funny, though.

You are so right. I saw it with a friend and we literally laughed out loud through most of the movie. When my 11 year old son wanted to go thought, i said "No WAY!" Not for a few years, anyhow.....

MScholl13
04-29-2007, 03:28 PM
I finally got to see this movie over the weekend and although I enjoyed it, it wasn't my favorite Will Ferrel movie. I actually enjoyed Talladega Nights more than Blades of Glory. I am sure I am one of the few though. ;)