PDA

View Full Version : Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March, day 3

fielin
04-01-2007, 02:14 PM
CMs :

Me (Fielin) : 29 still for one day !
Julien (DBF) : 25

We woke up and gave our luggage to bell service, to be transfered to AKL, then left to AK.

I just couldn't believe it ! Guys, so many of you say it is a half day park, I expected to check in at the hotel during the afternoon... But there was so much to see and do that we stayed until the park closed, and had to go back a few days later.

I won't go through all the animals we saw, but these trails and trecks are really worth the time.

What we did :

Expedition Everest : great ride, less thrilling than what I expected. This is comparable to Big Thunder Mountain, but the theming is better.

Safari : This was great. The wast member was excellent, once again, and I managed to take some great pictures.

It's tough to be a bug : Good show, but not as good as Philarmagic. Caution parents, this can be frightening to children, although I heard nobody crying.

Finding Nemo, the musical : The BEST show on property ! This is absolutely stunning. Don not miss it !

Flights of wonder : amazing. Julien, who does not like birds did not want to go in, but he loved it.

Kali Rapids : you WILL get wet. Soaked, even. Other than that, I found this ride short, and passable.

Primeval Whirl : Very fun. We did it twice, as there was literally no wait.

Dinosaur ! : You should see the photo we have of us in this attractions. We were so surprised, we were literally scared out of our wits. Loved it !

In the evening, we finally went to check in at AKL... We were given our room, and began our (long) walk there. Finally, we discovered, that our deluxe savannah room was the furthest from the lobby. I was okay with that, but when we saw the view, this became a whole different story...

We had a magnificent view over fences and the construction site of the new DVC. I immediately called the reception and told them I was very dissatisfied and wanted to change room.

This might seem extreme to you, but I had decided to spend two nights there as a special birthday treat (my birthday was the day after), and was really disappointed.

They gave me another room right away. It was a savannah room with a superb view, and also it was not a deluxe, and I was offered no compensation, I felt that the damage had been limited.

The evening, we ate at Jiko, whcih was one of our best dining experiences in Disney property (as compared to California grill, and even Victoria and Albert's !)

Then back to the room, to fall asleep after seeing dozens of animals (giraffes, zebras, birds, wildebeasts..)

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 04:04 PM
We love AK (and AKL) and also find loads to do there to keep us occupied for most of the day.

I'm so glad they were able to change your room at AKL to one with a better view. And all of you reporting lately are convincing me that a trip to Jiko for dinner is definitely in order. :eat:

Thanks for sharing!

faline
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
It's good they were able to provide you with a better view.

I'm glad you enjoyed Jiko's so much. We had an okay - but not stellar experience our first dinner there. We're planning to try again on our next trip and hope our dinner is as good as the one you had!

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
You're right, AK is not 1/2 day if one explores the trails. Jiko sounds wonderful and I hope to try it one day.
Karen

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pogo
04-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Good job, calling and getting a room you could enjoy. :thumbsup:

I think AK is fast becomming a park to spend alot of time in. :secret:

Thanks for the review of Finding Nemo. We will make sure to see it during our next trip.:)

On to read day four. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
My daughter and I spend a lot of time at Animal Kingdom, so I am always delighted to hear about someone else falling in love with it. I am glad you had such a great day there. I am glad you spoke up and got your room changed. It is all about the view at the AKL. Thanks for sharing another great day with us. :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
That sure would be a disappointment to check in and find a view of the construction! I'm glad they were able to switch you. On to read more...

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: