PDA

View Full Version : Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March

fielin
04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
The CMs

Fielin (me) : 29 until the 23, then 30 !
Julien (my dbf) : 25

On the 20th we left France at 1 pm, and arrived at ORlando at 10:30 pm. This was a 14 hours trip, and when we finally reached the Magical Express bus, we waited approximately half an hour for it to depart.

Arrived at 11:20 in our first hotel : POP. The first impression was great. We immediately knew we would love it there. This was our first trip to WDW, and we were extremely excited... But also exhausted.

So exhausted, in fact, that, like Dory, I had a complete loss of short term memory.

We checked in, the cast member was just great. I stopped on the way to our room to take two blurry photos... And doing this, I opened the door to disaster.

When we arrived at the door of our room (which was in the 90s), I suddenly realised that I had lost our passports, our keys to the world, my passporter, and my VISA card.

I searched my memory to know where I had left it, and could not remember anything about it. I was so tired, I wanted to curl up and cry... But instead, I decided to trust the magic of Disney, and went back to the main hall.

The CM immediately recognized me, and saw that I was in panic. He began telling me something, but I was already in panic mode, and, stuttering, completely losing my control over English language, tried to explain that I had lost everything, and did not know where I had left it. :confused:

He simply smiled, reached under the counter, and said : a gentleman just brought this for you... :thumbsup:

Everything was there !

I came back to the room, tired but relieved and smiling. These holidays were going to be perfect.

We went directly to bed, and slept until 7:30 am. :cloud9:

ElenitaB
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Fielin, thank goodness for the travel fairies! I once thought I lost my passport and plane tickets (in a restroom, no less) and thank goodness they were miraculously still there when I returned. I'm so glad that your documents weren't lost!

Thanks for reporting... we're looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

faline
04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
What a dramatic beginning to your trip! I'm so glad there was a happy ending to your crisis!

Like ElenitaB, I once left my pocketbook on the shelf of the Fort Wilderness rest room! I was in such a panic when I realized what I had done! I rushed back as quickly as I could and found the purse sitting right where I had left it! A little Disney magic combined with the wonderful world of folks who camp!

disneyfamily05
04-01-2007, 07:30 PM
WOW! That's one start to a trip! Thankfully it was a positive start! :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear the rest of it! And i too had planned to go for my 30th birthday and celebrate in WDW - but couldn't wait - so we are going this year instead of next - who knows.. maybe i'll have to give in and go again in 2008.

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh no, I hope you were able to rest after that scare. I'm glad all was well.
Karen

Bethis26fan
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
wow glad everything was there.

pogo
04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Well you are off to an exciting start..... maybe too exciting.:confused: I'm sure you were in panic mode when you discovered you had lost all the most important documents and your visa card. :(

I hope your trip gets better...... off to read more. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 09:05 AM
I am so happy that your trip did not begin with tragedy! What a relief that all of your documents were returned to you so quickly. I hope that is a good sign that your trip will be full of magic like that. :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Whew! What a relief that your things were found! I know what it's like to be brain dead after a full day of travel. Looking forward to the rest of your reports.:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: