PDA

View Full Version : Sea World was a waste

PETE FROM NYC
04-01-2007, 10:07 AM
This trip DW and I travelled with her family.After a dat at each WDW park,they wanted a change of pace,so we went to Sea World.
Now ,DW and I have always taken a day or two from our Disney vacation to visiyt Sea World,probably close to two dozen times.Always enjoyed it.
This time we wasted an admission for WDW to go.
First,we could not find anyplace selling breakfast,except for pastries which does me no good as I am diabetic.
Now we find out they no longer have the water ski shows during March like they always did in past years.
The Shamu show was cancelled because one of the whales recently gave birth,and the calf was in the show tank,for all to see for TEN WHOLE MINUTES.
So,my two favorite shows were non-existant.
I feel that we were totally ripped off by Sea World.
Six admissions bought and paid for .
Six WDW admissions wasted.
The rest of the trip was not too bad,considering that me and DW,both diabled ,ran our niece, and her kids,12 and 14 ,into the ground.
Boy did those kids get spoiled.

rustyc
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Pete, I agree with all you said, we went in October 2006, no waterski show, no night shows, we left by 4:30 pm. Unlike in the past when we would spend all day and into late evening, this was quite a let down. Another issue, the shows that are performed are much more human interaction as opposed to animal interaction. It really wasn't worth the $$$ for admission. Russ

faline
04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that you were so disappointed!

Christine
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Well that stinks! Sorry your visit was a let down!

scootch713
04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
thanks for the warning as if/when we go, it will likely be off season.

Rockstar Boyfriends
04-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Did you speak with Sea World Guest Services about your displeasure?

BrerSchultzy
04-03-2007, 08:36 AM
One of the biggest complaints I hear about Sea World is that they don't post closings or anything like that anywhere outside the park...you have to pay and enter before you find out what is and is not operating. But I have also heard that their Customer Services folks are REALLY helpful, so I bet if you gave them a call, they will do as much as they can to compensate you.

Worth a shot, right?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Sorry your experience was not a good one.

We always do a day in Sea World when we go in September. We are usually bummed that they close early but, we use it as a day to go back to the hotel a little earlier then we normally would and relax.

The day we were there our last trip there was a killer whale baby born while we were there. The Shamu show was not cancelled though. They actually announced it at the show. Was the baby born a day or two before you were there and that is why it was in the main pool? Just trying to figure out why it was handled differently when we were there. :confused: We would have been annoyed if the Shamu show was cancelled when we were there too!

Hope you have a better visit next time if you decide to try it again!!

RAIDER
04-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I have to agree with you Seaworld has steadily gone down over the past few years .When i went last Dec the xmas show was no longer on, and the main show just consisted of alot of dialogue and the whales just splashing people ....:mad:

The dolphin show was far better ...They seemed to have revamped the looks but NOT the content of Seaworld and they have hiked the prices up to Disney levels to which its not in the same class theme park wise :mad:

Its a shame as Seaworld was always a park i loved to chill out before hitting the main ones ...

dolphinmom
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
We are going to Seaworld on April 30/07. I just checked the show schedule (on the seaworld website)but that is too far in advance, so I checked mid-April. The shows listed are behind believe, believe, and horizons.

Is the Shamu show now called believe?

TIA
dolphinmom:)

PS: I too am sorry you felt your time and money was wasted at seaworld.:(

Marilyn Michetti
04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
We noticed last Dec., also, that Sea World had slipped a little. There weren't as many decorations up, no Christmas show, and some of the shops were close to empty. I hope they wake up and push for their former level of excellence. It's too neat a place to let go.:dolphin:

imaprincess!
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
That's a shame; we haven't been there yet, but was hoping to on a future trip. We almost went to the one in Niagra Falls, but the prices were a little steep, so we decided to save it for a FL trip.