PDA

View Full Version : ??? about MJ

tinksmom02
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
OK, DH just came home and asked why I have that "cat-just-ate-the-canary" grin. I told him I was researching another trip to the world. He asked why do we have to go back so soon (we were just there in Feb)? Did not know he was not a Disney freak when we met 13 years ago...

Anyway, I pretty much told him that IF we can get a decent price, I definitely want to go back. He didn't say no...actually, he didn't say anything, just went to bed...:confused:

Here's my question: I don't have any problems on other websites filling out hypothetical trip dates, trying to get good prices. I've never used MJ before and don't want to overstep my boundaries. Would it be OK to fill out the form for the dates I WANT to go, even if our trip isn't definite yet? I don't want to waste their time; at the same time, I have heard that they can get the best deals, and I want to see first hand what they can do for us.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-31-2007, 10:19 PM
If you're only wanting to do hypothetical situations, you might do just as well messing around with various situations on the WDW website. However, if you're pretty certain you're going back and just want an idea of the best deal/options for that time, MJ can definitely help you. They may not have specifics (like if you're looking at going back next Feb. they wouldn't have discounts/rate info) yet, but they could give you a general idea.

tinksmom02
03-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info...I'm pretty certain we're going back, I just haven't let DH in on that info LOL

I did the "messing around' on WDW website, I just wanted to see if MJ could do better. If I had a great price to show him, it'll be harder for him to say no.

tinkerbell615
03-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Terrisue at MJ found me the two standard AAA rooms at ASMu that Disney told me were not available for my travel dates. I am pretty excited, but I am going to be honest... a bit nervous. I really like to be in control of everything. I am a bit nervous about some one else making a reservation for me. Will I get a ressie number through DW just like I do when I make my own reservation?

Can someone fill me in on how this all works?

Thanks,

alpro2
04-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Yes. You will get confirmation numbers, etc. Everything will be sent to your home just as if you did it yourself.

What makes MJ (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) so great is that they will do all the leg work for you, then monitor your reservation and get you the best rate if one becomes available. Example - if you book a trip thru them for August, and Disney releases a special (stay for 5, pay for 3, or free Dining Plan) subsequent to your booking, MJ (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)will rebook your trip for you so you will get that specific deal. They are a great bunch of people and they really make things easier for their clients. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Yes. You will get confirmation numbers, etc. Everything will be sent to your home just as if you did it yourself.

That is correct, except that everything is first sent to MJ who then forward it on to you. Also, if you need to make any changes or additions (like using or not using DME) you go through MJ. Even though you have the confirmation number, Disney won't talk to you about reservation issues. You must go through your TA (this is for any TA, not just MJ). You call Disney to make your own ADRs, but any reservation issue must go through your TA.