PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather do and why?

luvdiznee
03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
If you have the choice between 2 five day trips to WDW or 1 ten day, which would you choose? Just asking because my older son does not like long trips he'd rather do shorter ones. :confused: So, what would your options be? Thanks :mickey:

RockChalkKimball
03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
We are usually there for 5 days when we go, mostly because that is all the time we can take off from work. I've always wanted to stay longer, but realistically, 5 days seems to be about right. While I love the place and would gladly live there, we are pretty worn out by the end of our week. I have read posts where people talk about staying 2 weeks! That might be fun if someone else was paying!:thumbsup:

Rick Blaine
03-31-2007, 09:20 PM
I'll go with 2 five day trips. It might depend on where you live. If you can get to WDW in 2 or 3 hours I like 2 trips. If you live on the west coast maybe the 10 day might be better, since you are spending a long time just getting there.

disneyfan1124
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
We average 6 or 7 days a trip. It's nice that way b/c we end up with quiet time and park time.

If you live near by, multiple 5 day trips would be nice.

As DVC members, we go at least twice a year as it is so it's hard for us to qualify this answer!

I will say, that by day 7 I'm usually missing the family pets and ready to come home, but the minute we're home, we're planning the next trip!

thejens
03-31-2007, 10:06 PM
ooooh, I hate to come home and felt like 7 days was not enough last time, but if you knew you were coming back soon it would be different. Two trips would be good only if you didn't have to wait too long. Now me, I'd like two 8 day trips a year and never seem to want to come home.

Donald A
03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Hands down, 2 X 5-day trips. I am not one to "relax" on a trip anyway so I can usually do everything I "need" to do in the 5 days. 10 days would be too long. Now a five-day stay at WDW and a 4-day Disney cruise may be more like it.

MargaretMessler
03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
If it weren't for the cost of airfare, or if I were close enough to drive realistically, I would choose 2 five day trips. But neither is the case, so I would go with one ten day trip. That's our usual timeframe every couple of years.

Carol
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I would definitely go for the 2 trip option. You can schedule them for different time frames and have entirely different experiences. Especially if you go when the Halloween party is offered or Christmas decorations are up.

Have fun. :balloon:

luvdiznee
04-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Good points everyone, Thanks! And yes, flying out of either Syracuse or Albany getting nonstop flights does make it easier for 2 five day'ers. And also as posted to be able to try to attend different activities such as MNSSHP, MVMCP and F&W Fest, just to name a few! :mickey:

goofygirl67
04-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I would go for the multi trip. I go about 3 weeks a year for about 8 days each, of course I live on 2-3 hours away. I do throw in a couple of weekends, I just found out my sister is coming for a convention and I will spend the weekend with her.

DisneyGiant
04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
If you can afford the extra plane fare, I'd go for the two trip option - we did that the first year I bought into the DVC - and we couldn't believe how lucky we were - going in April and then again in November (even if it was during the busy Jersey week!)

But one of my goals in my lifetime, is to go down for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. It just seems like we just get there - when we have to leave....... :(

But if I were there for two weeks - I'd even venture out to Sea World, and other touristy areas ........ I haven't been out of the parks since we started staying on site!