PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys Backyard BBQ

onjbj
03-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi there- Can anyone give me info on Mickey's Backyard BBQ? We will be traveling mid-Sept with 2yr old twins. Will it entertain them? We did the Hoop-de-Doo last summer so we wanted to try something different this time around. Thanks for the info!

Karin

DisneyMomx7
03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
We really didn't like the backyard barbeque. At the time the kids were 3, 4 and 5 and it felt like there was no organization, just a free for all. I was worried that my younger one was going to get trampled! The food was fine but I would never go back because it just felt so unorganized.

vamaggie
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
The last time we went was in 2002 when DS was 4. He had a great time! Don't know if it has changed since then but we enjoyed it. Food was served in "food lines" where you got your plate and went down the line filling it as you liked so if you are juggling lots of kids it may be tough. We thought the show was good and DS loved to get up and dance with the characters. Also had a lot of time for signing autographs and meet & greet. Would like to hear from some who have been there more recently as we are thinking of returning in the fall.

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=99807) is a recent thread - same topic! :mickey:

Camden'smom
03-30-2007, 09:22 PM
We did this last September with our then 2 yr old. We weren't really impressed. It was too crowded and too much chaos. My son did enjoy dancing, but he couldn't get close to a character.
I think the the idea is good they just need to not open it up to as many people at one time. And the food was just mediocre.

onjbj
03-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Thank you for your reviews and the link to the last discussion on the bbq- sounds like something we should wait to do until the kids are little older. Maybe we'll look into the luau since we've already done the HDDR.

Karin