PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to EMH

Mnchknbrat1982
03-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before or not. But this is the first time for us staying on site and doing magic hours. So I was wondering if the parks offer extra showings for the parades, fireworks, and shows during magic hours? If so could you tell me like what times they will be offered.

Thanks!

Jasper
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
My understanding is that it is not EMH that triggers extra showings but rather extended regular closing times. Since show times for various things to change depending on the specific date in question it is usually best to go to the Info Central tab here at Intercot or go to the Disney Web site for your particular dates.

Be aware though, if you are looking for a date that is a long time away such as 6 months or a year, they may not have the current information posted yet.

Carol
03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I was wondering if the parks offer extra showings for the parades, fireworks, and shows during magic hours? No. There are no parades or fireworks during Extra Magic Hours. Only select rides remain open. :)

bradk
03-30-2007, 03:12 PM
there is actually something called the playhouse disney dance party that takes place during evening EMH at MGM where there's a live dj and characters come out to dance with the kids

there are also special meet & greets set up, like Mickey & Minnie by the carousel at MK.

Makusu
03-30-2007, 03:33 PM
EMH is always fun just because the fact you're there at night. But the crowds are just as bad as they are during the day (usually). Every time I go, the 'big' rides have at least an hour wait. :(
I prefer the EMH in the morning.

:mickey:

Niecyboo
03-30-2007, 03:54 PM
While they normally don't add evening shows during EMH, they did happen to add an extra showing of Fantasmic right in the middle of EMH hours last time we were at MGM. They had one right at regular closing time, then a second one only for people with EMH bracelets. We didn't know anything about this until we were at the park, it hadn't been posted ahead of time. It actually messed up our plans, because we'd seen Fantasmic an earlier night, and though we'd have the park to ourselves while everyone else was at the show, but the park was completely crowded because all resort guests were waiting for the later show.

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I wish they would go back to E-ride nights where they charged $12+ to stay in the park an extra three hours. It wasn't as crowded as it is now with the "free" EMHs :mickey: