PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Figgyluv03
03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I've been going back and forth for my ideas on my next trip to Disney. My boyfriend's never been there before and I've never been on a cruise, so I'm thinking of doing a land and see. I love being out on the water, but I've never been on a ship that size. I'm thinking the four day parks/three night cruise. Has anyone ever done this, and it's worth only spending three nights on the ship?

ElenitaB
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
We went on the three night cruise last November and LOVED it... however, it really is a very short time to be on the ship. That said, my bare minimum to be in the parks is four days. By doing 4 nights at the parks and 3 nights on the ship, you're giving your boyfriend a great glimpse into two great vacations. Just beware that you'll be hankering for a return visit to both before you know it! (We booked our next cruise before disembarking from our first. :cloud9: )

stitchfan
04-01-2007, 12:09 AM
We echo Elenita

A 4/3 land & sea will give you enough time to sample everything Disney. As long as you take it as such and don't try to do everything, you'll have a blast.:balloon:

The 4/3 plan gives you a day in each park, plus enough time to explore the ship and learn about cruising. That way, you'll know what you want to do next time.

Pre-planning helps you maximize your time at WDW. Ask lots of quesions here and on the other boards, and learn how to use the time to your best advantage without going nuts. You say you've been to WDW before, so we'll just mention, make sure you get your ressies lined up so you don't waste time at mealtimes, and be sure you give FastPass a workout!

On the ship, there's something going on all the time for everyone. You can do as much or as little as you like. We suggest that if you pick and choose your activities that you don't miss the stage show "Disney Dreams" and your dinner in the Animator's Palate. Also, try the drink of the day at least once. Watch out for the Rum Runner!:thedolls:

If you've never been on a boat this big, you'll find that it is a lot like a moving hotel. You will be able to feel the engines vibrate, and if the sea is rough you can feel a gentle motion. If you're worried about seasickness, take Bonnine. It is cheap and effective (take your first tablet before you go on board). I get motion sick very easily:sick: , and I've never had a problem (we've cruised 3 times). To be honest, after a day you get so used to it that it feels wierd on dry land!

Some cruisers find that they would rather stay on board rather than go to Nassau. It used to be pretty grubby, but they've really cleaned it up recently, and it is fun going ashore to shop and have lunch (everyone goes to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, or at least for a T-shirt). You'll find a wide variety of opinons on Nassau, so be sure to ask around. On the other hand, do NOT miss Castaway Cay. The whole experience is a day-long beach party with lots to do (including nothing).:party:

Good Luck and have a blast. We started our Disney addiction with a 4/3 in 2002 and have been coming back for more for years!:mickey:

Stitchfan:stitch2:

debandbub
04-22-2007, 09:33 AM
We've done both the 4 day WDW/3 day sea, and the 4day sea/ 3 day day WDW. I agree that the 3 day sea is very short, but it was still nice. We did like the four day better as it gives you a full day at sea without feeling like you have to rush off at some port.
What we also did, and I don't know if this is an option for you , but we added three more park days after the cruise each time. (park-cruise-park). Yes a splurge, but I couldn't bear going from the ship to the airport!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I did a 3 night, 4 day cruise my first time and I got hooked. I didn't know how I would do on a ship that size, and I was fine.