PDA

View Full Version : Ocean City NJ

DisneyAddict62
03-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Any suggestions on where to stay? Going for a couple of days before the 4th to show the kids the ocean, and driving to Atlantic City for a day to show them where Mommy and Daddy go gamble! :blush: :D Have read things on how OC is a family friendly place. Leaning toward the Beach Club Hotel, but wondered if anyone on this wonderful board has stayed anywhere here.

Figgyluv03
03-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I wish I could help a good place to stay in OC, but I live close enough where we only make it day trips. It's a beautiful town & so much to too without all the crowded bars. If you were planning on staying in AC, I'd recommend the FlagShip. My boyfriends parents have time share there and it's not in the hussle and bussle of the city.

CPT Trips
03-30-2007, 03:44 PM
If you are going the first week of July (the week of the 4th), any place with a vacancy . . . that week is truly the height of the season.
We too are day trippers - shoebies - so no real help on accommodations. That said, do not stay "off island" in Somers Point or anyplace else advertising as "nearby."

NJGIRL
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Hotels get booked up for the summer very quickly. I suggest you start calling now to see if you can even get anything. That weekend is so crowded it can take over a hour to get off the island! Just be prepared.

DisneyAddict62
04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
We booked The Beach Club Hotel, so at least we have a place to stay. I figured it would be crowded, but if we can handle holidays at Disney, I'm sure we can handle this too!

DisneyDog
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Ocean City is my favorite Boardwalk. I think it's very family friendly. I've never stayed there. We usually stay in Cape May or Cape May Courthouse. But we'll go to the OC Boardwalk at night. I love it. Have a great time!!

celestesmommie
04-06-2007, 09:14 PM
for great food & ice cream visit Kessel's Corner at 28th & Asbury.Very good & cheap.