PDA

View Full Version : when do we arrive at AKL with Magic Express

Yano
03-29-2007, 11:12 PM
hi, we have less than two weeks till we are there:thumbsup:
my question is if we arrive at the airport at 9:50 and we are using Magic Express, when do you think we will arrive at AKL.
Im hoping we will get early enough to get the room we request:fingers:
:grad: :flower:

Makusu
03-29-2007, 11:55 PM
The bus ride from the airport to WDW property is about 30 mins. It would probably take an additional 10-15 minutes to get to the AKL. It is a great resort. Have fun!

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Depending on how many stops the bus makes, figure 45 minutes to an hour from when you get on the bus. Have a GREAT trip :tink:

AwPhooey
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Don't forget that when you get to the airport, you may also have to wait for a bus to arrive or fill up.

When I was there in October, I got in line for Port Orleans Riverside (I can't remember what other resorts share that bus) and there were only a couple other people there for that bus. The bus was there, but the DME people were waiting for other passengers to get in line before I could board and the bus left.

I think I was waiting in line about 20 minutes, so be sure to take that into account along with LudwigVonDrake's mention of 45-60 minutes once you get on the bus.

:mickey:

CleveRocks
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Disney reports the average time from exiting the airplane to resort drop-off is 70 minutes.

The DME procedure (as it's been explained to me, but as always I'll defer to Jeanne about such things) is that once a guest boards the bus at the airport, the bus is supposed to leave no more than 15 minutes later. They specifically do NOT wait for the bus to fill up, at least that's not the proper procedure if they do wait for that.

And since there are no pre-set bus routes and no pre-set groupings of resorts on DME buses, there's no way to know how long it will take to get tp AKL specifically. It might be the first stop your bus makes, it might be the third. The good news is that when the bus does stop at another resort, the stop is VERY brief. The driver loads any luggage and carry-ons separately by resort, so the unloading process can be quite efficient.

Piglet822
03-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Disney reports the average time from exiting the airplane to resort drop-off is 70 minutes.

The DME procedure (as it's been explained to me, but as always I'll defer to Jeanne about such things) is that once a guest boards the bus at the airport, the bus is supposed to leave no more than 15 minutes later. They specifically do NOT wait for the bus to fill up, at least that's not the proper procedure if they do wait for that.

And since there are no pre-set bus routes and no pre-set groupings of resorts on DME buses, there's no way to know how long it will take to get tp AKL specifically. It might be the first stop your bus makes, it might be the third. The good news is that when the bus does stop at another resort, the stop is VERY brief. The driver loads any luggage and carry-ons separately by resort, so the unloading process can be quite efficient.

I couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Yano
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Thank You guys,
and wish us luck.
12 days to go.
:grad: :flower:

Crow
03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Ill b using it for the first time in May, so am also interested in how long when arriving around 930am. staying at CS and want to b checked in and on the bus from there to Epcot hopefully before noon

CleveRocks
03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Ill b using it for the first time in May, so am also interested in how long when arriving around 930am. staying at CS and want to b checked in and on the bus from there to Epcot hopefully before noon
Disney reports the average time from exiting the airplane to resort drop-off is 70 minutes.So figure you're to CSR not later than 11:00 a.m. Check-in could take 10 minutes, could take 30 minutes. Let's say you're in a rush and don't go to your room even if it's ready, and you leave your carry-ons with Bell Services and run to catch a bus. Let's say you just missed the Epcot bus and have to wait another 20 minutes for the next one. And then a 10-15 minute drive to Epcot, then a 5 minute walk from the drop off point to the inside of the turnstiles. So you're in Epcot sometime between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.

Crow
04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
So figure you're to CSR not later than 11:00 a.m. Check-in could take 10 minutes, could take 30 minutes. Let's say you're in a rush and don't go to your room even if it's ready, and you leave your carry-ons with Bell Services and run to catch a bus. Let's say you just missed the Epcot bus and have to wait another 20 minutes for the next one. And then a 10-15 minute drive to Epcot, then a 5 minute walk from the drop off point to the inside of the turnstiles. So you're in Epcot sometime between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.

wish i could say i was there today! but im off to work.
ill go w your thinking:marg: :beer: