PDA

View Full Version : VMK Disney Movie Trivia Game (3/30/07-4/1/07)

Chescat
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Tomorrow I will post a series of disney movie trivia questions in this thread and the first to send me a private message with the correct answers will win a VMK FIrst Place Prize. Second through fifth place will Prizes list below also.

I will post the questions sometime around 4:00PM and 5:00PM Pacific Time on Friday 3/30/07. The Game will close at 11:00PM Pacific Time on Sunday 4/1/07. I will post winners on this thread on Monday 4/2/07.

If my mailbox fills, I will try to keep it empty, I can see on my email account what time you tried to first post the answers. Just resubmit.

I plan on doing this at least once a week, so if somebody can't do it this week, don't worry. And it will be the same prizes for a few weeks. Once somebody wins, I would like to mix it up a bit so that others can win the follow times. Will have to see how to handle that.

Also remember, sometimes fastest may not win if those answers aren't right. I'll only accept one submittal per person and I'm not going to tell you whether your answers are right.

Good Luck all and have fun!! :thumbsup:

Prize #1: Carribean Town Square Room and Well code

Prize #2: HSM Room, HSM Piano, and Well code

Prize #3: Adventureland Quest (ADVENTURELAND Quest Pin, Aladdin Flying Carpet Chair, Explorer’s Suitcase Sofa)

Prize #4: Frontierland Quest (FRONTIERLAND Quest Pin, Ace of Spades Carpet, Saddle Seat Sofa)

Prize #5: Fantasyland Quest (FANTASYLAND Quest Pin, Prince Phillip’s Briarstone, Huntsman’s Heartless Hamper)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Yay Cat! Great idea :mickey: Will make the boards even more interesting (and a bit crazier) than usual ;)

I really don't want to be greedy or anything, but can I make a suggestion? Like if we get a prize, can we choose our prizes from the list? Like if I get First Place, and already have the well, can I choose another prize? :blush:

Chescat
03-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Yay Cat! Great idea :mickey: Will make the boards even more interesting (and a bit crazier) than usual ;)

I really don't want to be greedy or anything, but can I make a suggestion? Like if we get a prize, can we choose our prizes from the list? Like if I get First Place, and already have the well, can I choose another prize? :blush:
Sure that works. :)

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Sounds good cat!! :thumbsup:

wizardmickey
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
So the question(s) will be posted of Friday? Awww man, figures I'm never home on Fridays. :sob:
Oh well, still sounds like an awesome plan! :thumbsup:

Chescat
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm going to change the time to 4:00pm Pacific time for starting tomorrow, for my west coast buddies. But Ice, I am going to do this twice a week for a few weeks, so you will get your shot.

Also remember, sometimes fastest may not win if those answers aren't right. I'll only accept one submittal per person and I'm not going to tell you whether your answers are right. :thumbsup:

TinkRocks
03-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Can't wait! I'm hoping for 3rd place... ;)

Blue Genie
03-30-2007, 02:53 AM
OK OK OK :offtopic: Here but how did Ice get a make his own Avatar and I can't put up any of my??

Chescat
03-30-2007, 02:57 AM
OK OK OK :offtopic: Here but how did Ice get a make his own Avatar and I can't put up any of my??
He contributed to the server upgrade like I did. See the contributor thing under our names.

Also Genie, once the avatar is up, if you change it, you can never get the customized one back. I like changing mine.

Blue Genie
03-30-2007, 03:10 AM
oh

terri.m
03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like fun cat!! :thumbsup:

cEveArdenfan
03-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I like these games and I'm good at trivia too! I'll have to squeeze it in my Friday schedule somewhere around watching Jeopardy and leaving for the theatre.:crazy: This is going to be fun!

Patricia
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Good idea Cat!

I miss having trivia around here.

Chescat
03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Unless something comes up here, I still plan on posting the questions at:

7:00 East/6:00 Central/5:00 Mountain/4:00 Pacific
People that didn't do the time change, not sure where you fall under?

Anyway, I changed the prize listings from 1st, 2nd, etc. to #1, #2, #3. We'll see what happens this week if you like it that way. The winner gets choice, then 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. 5th will get the last choice.

One thing I don't want to have happen is the same winners get the same thing. So if somebody is 1st a few times, will request they ask for something different each time so others have a chance if that all sounds fair to all of you.

See you at 4:00 pacific time. :thumbsup:

Chescat
03-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Here's Quiz 1 (Disney Animated Movies) for March 30 – April 1

1) In "Mulan" three of the men dress up as women. Which three men were they?

2) Rowan Atkinson provided the voice for a character in Lion King. Which one is it?

3) Which Disney movie was re-released in 2002 for showing in IMAX cinemas?

4) In "Sleeping Beauty," when two of the fairies are arguing over what color Aurora's dress should be, what two colors are they arguing over?

5) In "Oliver and Company," what is the name of the mean man trying to hurt the family of dogs?

6) In "Alice In Wonderland," why can't the white rabbit stop to talk?

7) In "The Aristocats," who is Thomas O'Malley's friend that plays "Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat" with his band?

8) In "The Little Mermaid," who is Ariel's best friend?

9) Name the famous director who narrates the opening of the great animated feature, 'The Black Cauldron.'

10) The characters that portray the Guards in the animated "The Prince and the Pauper" were seen in what other Disney animated film?

Good luck and remember only PMs to me and only one submittal allowed. If my mailbox is full I will see when you sent it, so just resubmit. Don't worry. This closes at 11:00PM Pacific time on Sunday night (4/1/07). Answers and winners will be posted on 4/2/07.

chrisb26
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Great idea for the quiz Cat glad you figured out a way to give out all your extra quest items you no longer wan't. Also its great you figured out a way to make it so you didn't have to enter in a bunch of codes ;)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Nice quiz cat! Did you make up the questions? :D

Chescat
03-31-2007, 01:50 AM
Nice quiz cat! Did you make up the questions? :D
I'll tell you after the quiz. :blush:

All joking, I got a lot of the trivia books and websites I look at. So it makes it easy to come up with these.

Chescat
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Only had four people respond to the quiz. So for the first three, I'll go ahead and give you one of everything except the Pirate fortress room (need to find those darn cards I know I have them some place!!!). I will have one of those. That one I will give in order of who won if they want it.

For Nachocat who responded as she usually does, we give her an evil fantasyland castle pin! Since she did officially come in 4th with no right answers (I'm not going to embarass her with her crass answers!). :blush:

1) Dino Fan
2) DotRocks
3) PinkJJ
4) Nachocat
And Ice for you bad weekend, I will give you 5th.

Here's the questions and answers:

Quiz 1 (Disney Animated Movies) – March 30 – April 1

1) In "Mulan" three of the men dress up as women. Which three men were they?

Yao, Chien-Po and Ling

2) Rowan Atkinson provided the voice for a character in Lion King. Which one is it?

Zazu

3) Which Disney movie was re-released in 2002 for showing in IMAX cinemas?

Beauty and the Beast

4) In "Sleeping Beauty," when two of the fairies are arguing over what color Aurora's dress should be, what two colors are they arguing over?

Pink and Blue

5) In "Oliver and Company," what is the name of the mean man trying to hurt the family of dogs?

Sykes

6) In "Alice In Wonderland," why can't the white rabbit stop to talk?

He was late because he was running to get to the Queen of Hearts' palace

7) In "The Aristocats," who is Thomas O'Malley's friend that plays "Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat" with his band?

Scat Cat

8) In "The Little Mermaid," who is Ariel's best friend?

Flounder

9) Name the famous director who narrates the opening of the great animated feature, 'The Black Cauldron.'

John Huston

10) The characters that portray the Guards in the animated "The Prince and the Pauper" were seen in what other Disney animated film?

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad (they are the weasels that took over Toad Hall)

varcity
04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
my bay be is so smart :mickey: t'is why i glove her.

Wish I could have turned an answer in, friday wasn't easy to find time and you know the rest of my weekend!

wizardmickey
04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
And Ice for you bad weekend, I will give you 5th. Cool Beans!! Have no idea what this means, but on behalf of myself & the Academy I humbly accept this 5th!:woohoo: :joy:

...and on a completely different subject...
Genie sez:
OK OK OK :offtopic: Here but how did Ice get a make his own Avatar and I can't put up any of my?? It's because I'm good like that... yeah, I'm just that good!

Patricia
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Friday?!?

We had a Friday? :shrug: