PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Of Aloha????

r4kids
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I just booked our ressies for the 5:15 show. Is it worth 2 TS? Is it a great show? How's the food in comparison with Ohana? :mickey:

Ok I have been lookining around other sites and I am seeing ALOT of bad reviews. I am now worried because we cancelled Ohana and Cap N Jack to eat here. We are having second thoughts!

DizneyRox
03-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Personally I don't feel ANY of the 2 TS restaurants are worth using 2 TS credits for it.

SoA is way at the bottom of my dining preferences. Actually, I would never consider going there again. I wasn't at all impressed with the show or the food. The Hoop Dee Doo is a much better show IMHO. Overall, you'll find less people bad mouth the HDD than you will SoA. Some really like SoA, but it seems there are many more bad reviews.

tinkerbelle75
03-30-2007, 12:56 AM
We loved it and thought it was definitely worth it.We'd do it again.I say at least try it once.:mickey:
Enjoy your trip!

Natazu
03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Some people think SOA is great, others think it bites. I think everyone should try it and decide for themselves.

It is worth using DDP credits for mathematically, however with the new pricing, I'd rather pay out of pocket and get category 1 seating. The food is good but you're really there for the show (and free wine). I'd be willing to use DDP credits for category 2 seating but not cat 3. I just don't want to sit to the side of the stage.

alpro2
03-30-2007, 05:56 AM
It is worth using DDP credits for mathematically, however with the new pricing, I'd rather pay out of pocket and get category 1 seating. The food is good but you're really there for the show (and free wine). I'd be willing to use DDP credits for category 2 seating but not cat 3. I just don't want to sit to the side of the stage.
I agree with Jym. Whenever we do shows, we pay out of pocket and use the TS credits for another meal (big breakfast, etc). The one time (which will be the final time) we went, they screwed up our reservation. We were put on a waiting list and then shoved all the way to the side. No pre-meal picture, no good view of the stage; and by the time we were seated everyone was well into their meals. Horrible experience.

That is only one instance. Perhaps you, like others, will have a good experience and enjoy the show.

r4kids
03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
We booked our ressies last night for it. DH said he still wanted to try it. We got Cat 2 seating. I am hoping it will be a good experience because I really hate to use 2TS for a bad experience. For us to pay OOP it would be like $250. There are 6 of us. 2 adults, 4 kids. Maybe we will do OOP, I 'll have to see what we feel like later on. Thanks for the info!!:mickey: