PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian

KrystalR83
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
My fiancé and I will be getting married in a few years and for our honeymoon I want to stay at the GF. Could anyone tell me about it to make me want to stay there or not. Its a lot of money and I want to know if it is a place I want to stay at so I can save up and talk him into it, he wants to stay at the WL. The GF seems like a perfect place for a honeymoon :cloud9:

alpro2
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Welcome to Intercot and congratulations on your engagement!

I stayed at the GF last summer and it was spectacular. As you can see from my signiture below I have stayed at a few resorts. In my opinion the GF is the best hands down. It also would be the perfect resort to spend your honeymoon as well. You should stay there if you can swing it. Good luck and have a great time! :mickey:

wifey5794
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I have to agree. We too have stayed there many times and I would say it is a perfect resort for a honeymoon. You get the best of all worlds. You can be close to the parks and yet have the feel of a real resort. It is quieter I think (even with my kids) than any other Disney property I have stayed at. I think it is the perfect resort for a honeymoon even if you can only stay there for a few days. Just be sure if you slpit your stay, make the GF your last resort or it may be a let down.
Congrats!

c&d
03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I would say you should stay at the GF. It's a beautiful resort and I think a wonderful place to spend your honeymoon. We stayed there for our 10th anniversary and loved it. Being able to take the boat over to the MK and listening to the band in the lobby in the afternoon was wonderful.

If you think that the cost will be an issue you could split your stay. Starting at WL and ending up at the GF for a couple of nights.

Anyway congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

lyle21
03-30-2007, 10:25 AM
stay at the GF this time, but be sure to take a boat over for dinner at artist point. you can stay at the Wilderness NEXT time!!

MR.MIKE
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
We staryed at the GF for our vow renewal honeymoon. It was amazing, perfect place for couples.
Never seemed too crowded, the grounds were nice to walk around in and the beach is very relaxing.
We had a turret room which was amazing. We are going this August for a week and I can't wait!!!