PDA

View Full Version : Fee?

dizne4me
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I know this has probably been answered a million times over - but is there any fee, or hidden costs or anything I should be aware of when booking a reservation with Magical Journey. Thanks for the advice.

DisneyDudet
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
No, there is no fee. This is per MJ's website:

Magical Journeys does not currently charge any consultation fees for land, cruise or regular packages. We would like it very much if you referred us to your friends and family in order to keep us going.

However, if you have always paid for a travel agents service, and feel the need to do so, we would like to make the following suggestion:

* Make a donation to your local food pantry, homeless shelter or animal shelter......There are so many who have so little.

* Donate an hour or two to clean your local Park or help out your local Little League Organization or School........Children are our future.

* Stop whining for a day! We have become a country of whiners when we have so little to whine about.

Well, there you have it.......do with it what you will!

CanadianWDWFan
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
There is absolutley no fee. Only excellent service.

BelleBeauty
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
No fee at all! Great service, and the only place that will let you know if you can save money between booking and trip date!

They receive a comission from Disney for brining in guests and/or doing the work of booking you.

We used them for the first time for our last trip, and it was just nice to be able to send a quick email and have someone take care of booking and sending the paperwork and telling me what I had to do. I can't wait to use them again!

Strmchsr
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Their fee is paid by Disney, hence no cost to you.

dizne4me
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
So, if I book through MJ and pay with my Disney Rewards Visa - would I still get the 0% and the other benefits or do I have to book directly with Disney Travel in order to get the 0% and benefits. Thanks for the advice

Marilyn Michetti
03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I've never dealt with MJ personally, but have heard only terrific reports about them.

If I weren't military, I would go with them in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

Tink1
03-29-2007, 07:43 PM
So, if I book through MJ and pay with my Disney Rewards Visa - would I still get the 0% and the other benefits or do I have to book directly with Disney Travel in order to get the 0% and benefits. Thanks for the advice

Since Disney is the one charging your credit card (not us) you get whaever Disney Visa offers. You only get the 0% for Travel Company package reservations though, room only reservations through DRC do not.

Nanc

MISTER PIG
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
My AAA agent notifies us of any discounts or promotions that become available between our booking and vacation dates.

I e-mailed MJ this morning with our WDW trip plans for this Sept-Oct. Then I went to the WDW website and input all the info myself, just to see how much of a difference the MJ folks would come up with vs. booking the trip myself.

To my surprise, the cost MJ e-mailed me an hour ago is the exact same price (to the penny) that I got booking the trip myself on Disney's website.

Am I missing something? Or is the "savings" really just freedom from the "hassle" of booking the trip yourself?:confused:

faline
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
The savings with Magical Journeys comes in the form of:
1. Saving time and hassle - someone else spends their time making sure the reservations is what you want it to be and where you want it to be
2. Assisting with hard to get reservations. Many times, folks have written they've been unable to get a room or rooms at a particular resort for a particular time frame, and Magical Journeys has come through for them.
3. Keeping up with all announced specials, analyzing which special may be beneficial to you, and applying it to your booking - often even before the special is made public.

In my experience, it is the rare travel agent who keeps on checking on your booking to ensure you've gotten the best rate. I've used AAA in the past and have not had this experience with them.

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I have booked with AAA before, but am A MJ girl all the way now. My AAA agent, would do just what I asked, nothing more. Now, all I do is shoot Wendy an Email, and off she goes! She is always quick to answer any questions, make any changes, or help out in any way she can...she's even pricing trip insurance for my September trip for me! I won't ever even consider going with anyone else for a Disney trip!