PDA

View Full Version : My baby's turning 3!

tyandskyesmom
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Ok, so, Skye has been planning to have her Ariel party for at least six months now (should 2 1/2 year olds do that???) and in nine days that will happen!

My deliema now though is what games to play that are either Ariel, mermaid, or under the sea kinda things?

We have decorations, a pull string pinata, and food planned (which is somewhat sea related...blue jello cups with a gummy fish in them and whipped cream (read : waves) on the top, blue Hawiian punch with Sierra Mist and Pineapple Sherbert for Sea Punch, Goldfish Crackers, Oyster Crackers (ok, that's pushing it a little but the menu has Chili on it so it works), Shell shaped pasta (also goes with the chili) and an Ariel cake to name a few). But I am having trouble coming up with themed, fun games. We have prizes already (Beta fish in a small bowl with colored stones, Ariel playing cards, and books) except for a few boy prizes but do not know what you will have to do to win them.

Oh, it is also a family party (probably her last big one until the special years). So that means lots of adults and some kids, mostly older than her. And exact numbers are a whole different issue because my family and friends tend not to want to commit too early!--but that's a whole different post!

Any suggestions????

DizNee143
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
first off..happy birthday to Skye (i love her name!!)
anyways...how about...something like pin the tail on the donkey..but you can do like...get flounder in the fish bowl or something... draw up a fish bowl get a cut out of flouder and have the kids try to get flounder into the bowl..more like one it since it will be paper...but hopefully you understand!
you can play musical chairs...and the music thats played for that can be songs from the little mermaid...
you can do duck duck goose also...
umm....i cant think of anything else at the moment....:mickey:

kakn7294
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
First of all Sherry, can I come PLEEEEEEEASE! You know Skye and I share a love for all things Ariel! Okay, pathetic begging over - on to the games. I like DizNee143's suggestion of the Flounder version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey and the Musical Chairs with Little Mermaid songs. I was also thinking of Hot Potato also played to Little Mermaid songs with a stuffed toy from the movie as the "potato" (provided Skye allows this). You can "fish" out of a large bucket using paper fish with paper clips over their mouths and a fishing pole with a magnet on the end. If you have a lot of room and places to hide stuff, make up a scavenger hunt using ocean-themed plastic animals as the items to find on the hunt. Play bean-bag toss into a shark's or whale's mouth using a cardboard box painted to look like a shark's or whale's head, leaving the front open for the bean-bags. If I think of any more, I'll either repost or send you a PM. Send me some pics after the party's over! BTW, Stephanie turns 12 tomorrow!

tyandskyesmom
03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Kathy I half expected you to show up here!

DizNee143 I do like that Pin the Flounder in the Fish Bowl game...I was trying to think of how to get an Ariel version but this even sounds better! And she does have a stuffed Sebastian and Flounder so we could do the Hot Sebastion or Flounder game. Those might work!

I will definately have pictures afterward and tell Stephanie Happy Birthday for us! Wow...I cannot even imagine 12! Ty at 8 is a handful so 12 is something I don;t even want to think about yet...and Skye, other than her tiny body, if you met her you would never believe she is only almost 3 so 12 with her is going to be real fun. Some days my mom (who watches her all day long) calls me and says that either Skye is PMSing or I'm in troube when she does!

Thanx guys...if you think of any more (from anyone!) please keep 'em coming!

BelleBeauty
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
You could change the Flounder into the Fish Bowl to pin the dress on Ariel - get a picture of Ariel the Mermaid, to be covered by her wedding dress or party dress. Or vice versa, pin the fin on Ariel :mickey:

Line up some small fish bowls (covered with Little Mermaid stickers) next to one another and have kids try to toss ping pong balls in.

Little Mermaid Tic Tac Toe or Memory - you can print out pictures from the computer and create a large version of these two games with characters from the movie. That might be told advanced for the age group though depending on whether there will be older kids.

Now if you want a fun game for the adults, you can buy related costumes for men and women (think seashell bra and some sort of shirt like Eric wore), you make two teams and you have the men and women switch costumes and see what team can do it the fastest. Or you can always fill the fish bowl. Create a hat with a paper cup on top, adults have to fill the cup, walk with the hat on their head to the fishbowl across the yard, and dump the water into the bowl. Whoever fills the bowl to a certain point first wins - and you can put some Little Mermaid toys in there that will float when the water is full.

Enjoy the party! :mickey:

McLiberal8
03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Maybe a game of cherades, like when Ariel didn't have her voice? Simple things, like 'fish', 'waves', and 'crab'? Just an idea off the top of my head ;)

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Congrats on the 3rd birthday! My DS is turning 3 on April 9 and his party is the 7th. Ours is a safari theme and he also has been talking about his party since January. Guess he takes after me!

Anyhow, how about a "treasure" hunt? Hide some fun things around: shells, plastic fish, maybe even things from Ariel's "trove" like forks and pocket mirrors. The kid that finds the most wins.

Or, fill a chest with "treasures" from Ariel's trove (forks, candlesticks, mirrors, flashlights, etc) and have each kid reach in w/their eyes closed. Then they have to make-up an unusual use for the item. Remember, Ariel thought a fork was a haircomb? That kind of thing. The kid with the most unusual idea wins.

Good luck with your party! I don't know about you but I'm already exhausted!

Marker
03-30-2007, 08:53 AM
My "baby" is turning 20 this year..... enjoy, the time passes quicker than you think.