PDA

View Full Version : 20th anniversary

Brenle
03-29-2007, 08:42 AM
We'll be staying in Disney for our 20th anniversary. (Where did the years go?) And yes, we honeymooned in Disney, too. Cruise first, parks second. So my question is, does anyone know if there is anything "special" Disney will do for us? And if it entails wearing mouse eared bride and groom hats, you can forget that. Thanks for your help.:mickey:

faline
03-29-2007, 09:01 AM
There is no guarantee that Disney will do anything. Some folks have reported that nothing special occurred for their special event. Others report being recognized at dinner or even having balloons in their room. The only thing you can do is note the special event on your room and dining reservations. Then, if something special happens, all the better!

If you want to guarantee some sort of recognition, you can always contact Disney Florist and have a basket sent to your room.

Congrats on your anniversary!

animalkingdomguy
03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
My DW and I spent our anniversary at WDW a few years ago. I don't remember getting any special perks. The castmembers were very nice and friendly but there were no pins, hats or other hoopla. The only exception was at the Garden Grill Resturant in the Land Pav. You can have your waitperson and Mickey Mouse give you a rehitchin' ceremony. I do not recall if they still do this. If so, you will probably need an ADR for the GGR and mention to your wait person when you are seated. Also, with an ADR we ate dinner on the patio of Rose & crown and finished with Illuminations. Again it may have been dumb luck or it may have been Disney Magic. We did have to plan ahead and wait a little longer for the patio seating.

Hope your Anniversary is filled with Disney Magic.

Beast_fanatic
03-30-2007, 09:31 PM
The only exception was at the Garden Grill Resturant in the Land Pav. You can have your waitperson and Mickey Mouse give you a rehitchin' ceremony. I do not recall if they still do this.

The rehitchin' ceremony at the Garden Grill was discontinued in September of 2004.

Brenle
03-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you for your tips. I guess we're just like one couple of hundreds of thousands who honeymoon at Disney and celebrate anniversaries there as well. :wine: