PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to at least have your AP voucher to ask for the AP discount?

BriarRose
03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
We are 85% sure we are going this Nov or Dec to WDW, and I plan to have AP's, but because there is a slight chance we won't be going, my husband doesn't want to purchase AP until we know for sure.

Do I need to have the voucher when the AP discounts become available? In the past, we purchased them before we arrived, but I was able to give CRO the discount code and they just said to make sure I have them by the time we arrive. I would like to make the reservation as soon as we decide what days we want to go and then apply the discount as it becomes available, even if I haven't purchased AP's yet.

JPL
03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
You need a valid AP at the time of checkin you can get the discount rate but if you fail to present a valid AP you will lose the discount at time of check-in

DisneyDudet
03-28-2007, 09:09 PM
To make AP reservations by phone, no you do not have to have the AP. Recently, its been required to have the actual AP upon checkin. Some say they will not honor the voucher at check in.

If you book online, you can either use the voucher or the AP.

You can still do it as you have in the past.

Tigerinvestigator
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Last time I had the voucher at check in and they just asked that I bring the actual annual pass to the front desk when I returned from the park with the pass. We were still able to check in and get in our room before going to the park to pick up the annual pass. The Cast members acted like it was no big deal. I realize that the official policy is probably to have the pass at check in but I think they understand that it is difficult to go to the parks first and then check into the resort. I don't see them taking a discount away from someone if they have a voucher and just haven't had the chance to exchange it at the parks.:thumbsup:

matt2672
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I also think it all depends on the staff as well. Ive stayed at various hotels plenty of times with an AP discount and I dont think Ive ever been asked to provide any evidence of having an AP or even the voucher. Ive always been prepared to show it, but never had to.