PDA

View Full Version : Most Queasy Ride....

ravsluvdisney
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
From this list, which ride would you avoid at all costs to prevent your breakfast from becoming your lunch! :ack:

I'd have to go with TofT. I have never done that ride or the teacups but I would suffer thru the cups before ever jumping in that elevator!

LoriMistress
03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
None. Any of those rides don't make me sick.

luvdiznee
03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Since I can get queasy on a not so smooth elevator, I chose TOT. But I would also have to say, since I can get sick on planes that the Teacups and Space Mtn would not be good for me as well. I am hoping to do Everest and Big Thunder Mtn. :sick:

indytraveler
03-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Teacups makes me dizzy and headache but Mission Space sets me down to sit awhile. Everything else is OK. Must be a spinnng thing.

mttafire
03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
THE TEA CUPS......:ack:

SBETigg
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I think Mission: Space is the big winner, left off the list but it is the only ride to have had bags installed for sick guests. I do not get sick on M:I, however, so I wouldn't have picked that one anyway.

It was between the teacups and Star Tours, and the Teacups won. I really can't handle the cups, but I can sit through Star Tours without terrible trouble, just a little icky feeling after.

rsumrall
03-28-2007, 05:29 PM
You totally left off the worst one of all - Mission Space (the "live" version). I totally throw up in my mouth every time I ride this. Any ride that comes equipped with functioning barf bags has to be the most queazy ride!

magicman
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I always feel funny after Mission: Space; however, I also feel strange after EE. I think the negative G-forces of the ride that push you downward don't sit well with me...but I still ride it over & over.:medic:

disneycouple2004
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Teacups for sure..its the spinning motion...:ack:

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I voted for the Tea Cups... I have yet to be on Everest and Summit Plummet... Also, roller coasters and ToT do not bother me... But the tea cups make me :ack:

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 07:23 PM
This one is easy, the Teacups! :sick:

Wolf
03-29-2007, 12:28 AM
M:S makes me feel really shakey, and I had to sit down for alittle bit after. ToT has me knee shaking when I get off tho LOL. But honestly the worst is Splash to me, I get just terrible anxiety about that huge drop and it scarres me before more than the drop itself lol.

AliceinDisney
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I think my post got deleted :(

I still vote for Star Wars as being most queasy, its got some major shakiness to it. Its not good if you suffer from vertigo as I do to go on any of those types of rides, but who can resist teacups? :)

KAJUNKING
03-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I think my post got deleted :(

I still vote for Star Wars as being most queasy, its got some major shakiness to it. Its not good if you suffer from vertigo as I do to go on any of those types of rides, but who can resist teacups? :)

i could ride ms over and over again, but wouldnt even think about going on the teacups!

RAIDER
03-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Ive gone for space mountain i went on it once and never again i was on the verge of producing a pavement pizza when i got off :ack::blush: ....
funnily enough however i can handle Mission Space
for some weird reason :mickey:

Sportster
03-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Anything that spins or any simulator type ride (Star Tours / Body Wars). I chose the teacups because spinning rides will get me every time. Simulator rides get me most of the time

prttynpnk
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
What, no Mission Space? I still have to put my head between my knees when I see Gary Sinise in a commercial?! :sick:

TIdoubleGR
03-29-2007, 08:48 AM
None of them really make me :ack: but of those on the list, Star Tours probably upset my system the most. I've been too chicken to try M:S yet, but I'm sure I'll be dragged on once and for all in June-- there just may be a new :ack: award winning ride for me in that one.

LarryBoy
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I love roller coasters and thrill rides. I can ride absolutely anything at the World, except for those silly Tea Cups.:sick: Of course my 6year old autistic son loves them. He can spin all day long. Fortunately my wife can do the tea cups.:blush:

Dawnya
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Although I don't get sick on rides, DH gets the biggest headache on the teacups. Of course, it doesn't help that the kids are yelling "spin faster Mom, faster!!!"

aprilisis
03-29-2007, 10:49 AM
The only ride there that has ever made me queasy is Body Wars. I have an iron stomach, but I am a germaphobe. That ride is my worst nightmare. :laughing:

princessjojo
03-29-2007, 10:50 AM
ToT gets me every time. I ride it to make my older DS happy, but it's a wonder I haven't broken my teeth or lost my lunch yet. I guess you do what you have to do for your kids, huh?

Rayadragon
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Although I haven't been on it in YEARS, my vote had to go for the teacups. None of the other rides make me sick, but that type of circular motion on the teacups can make me a bit queezy.

Goofy Pluto
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Body Wars should have been on there. I'm usually good on those simulator rides (no one in my family could stand Back to the Future, but I was always fine on it), but the last time I went on Body Wars, even I felt queasy. :sick:

King Triton
03-29-2007, 12:12 PM
I'd have to agree with the rest:

The winner should be 'None of the above', as in Mission:Space (orange)

Teacups is pretty rough too...I haven't been on in years and have no desire to.

Of the simulators, Star Tours isn't bad, but Body Wars is tough.

Tynkerbelle
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Since Mission Space was not an option I would have to go with Star Tours - I cannot do simulator rides under normal circumstances let alone with a belly full of food :sick:

Speedy1998
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
You totally left off the worst one of all - Mission Space (the "live" version). I totally throw up in my mouth every time I ride this. Any ride that comes equipped with functioning barf bags has to be the most queazy ride!

Amen. The only other WDW ride that ever made me sick is Body Wars (also not on the list).

Figgyluv03
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Teacups...I'm not a spilling type of girl. Oh, and I would never do SP because I'm deathly afraid of heights, yet I go on ToT all the time. I guess that's because there's a seatbelt holding me to the ride.

dteed
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Teacups for sure but where is MS?

NJGIRL
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Mine is Tower of Terror. My legs are always like rubber when I get off of that ride.

chrisb26
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Along with everybody else I would have to go with Mission: Space. I Never get bothered by rides I can usually go on anything and be fine. There is just something about Mission: Space that gets me queeazy.

darthmacho
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I voted for Star Tours, though it only gave me a mild wave of nausea compared to the truly icky feeling that I got after Mission Space.

Summit Plummet is scary, and even hurt a little, but it didn't make me queasy, other than the sensation of vertigo I got while looking down from the top. :paranoid:

SandmanGStefani24
03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
although my vote is for the teacups (since I nearly made myself sick-something that never happens-because I was spinning the cup around as hard as I could!) :ack:
I think primeval whirl could get some people a little green if you get spinning the wrong way.

Both are still really fun!!

GrumpyFan
03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I voted Teacups, because it was the worst (for me) on the list. However, Mission:Space is even worse. As for all the others listed, I could ride them all day long.

animalkingdomguy
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Star Tours definitely. I can't ride this attraction anymore. At least with the Teacups you can control some of the spinning by keeping your hands off the center wheel. :sick:

slt21
03-29-2007, 05:02 PM
There's no ride that gets me queasy enough to stop riding it, but I try to spin the teacups as fast as I can, and if I ride it more than once I'll turn a bit green (while giggling at the same time, though). Mission: Space gives me a bit of a headache and/or stomachache after I get off, but I still love it. I just know not to eat one of those foot-long hot dogs before I get on!

pogo
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Tea Cups :sick:

Haven't been on in years ! :D

pook@wdw
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
You forgot Mission Space (original line) It's the only ride w/barf bags!!:ack:

mudpuppysmom
03-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Not that it makes me sick per se, but I just was not right after I rode it: Mission: Space the original version. I have not ridden the new tamed down version, but I'd be willing to try it.

After I rode M:S I was just not right for several hours, not sick, not queasy, no headache, just did not feel right.

The other ride that got me, if you can believe this one was the new Nemo ride......I was fine until the area where the bubbles go toward the right and you move to the right......that just made me totally want to lose it, so I closed my eyes.

The ones that are listed I'm fine with!!

Damon18
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
The only one on the list that bothers me even a little is the Tea Cups. I am usually fine on that ride also but my daughter is a spinning maniac and she definatly tests my limits! Luckily I can overpower her control of the wheel when necessary.:)

hoop de do
03-29-2007, 07:50 PM
I ride them all but one ----:crazy: :sick:

The teacups

Touchdown
03-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Where is none of the above? Im a die hard coaster enthusiast who absolutly relishes those G forces. The only ride that gets to me is those Pirate Ship rides (dont know why) but short of that ride, I imagine the only ride in the world that could unsettle this stomach is a flight in a fighter plane.

However I will say Faster then the Force of Gravity + Only a common seatbelt that takes a second to lock in = My favorite negative G sensation in the world. ToT is an absolute gem of a ride, even if they just took me up in the drop shaft it would still be my favorite non coaster ride anywhere in the world, but with the dark ride attached I fully expect it never to be unthroned.

Altair
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
The trick to riding the teacups is keep looking at something that is spinning with you such as the ride seat or your leg. If you look out of the cups :sick: . The kids and I could really get those things spinning and it doesn't bother me and I get quesy easily.
Body Wars was notorious for getting people ill.

Crow
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
i went w Star Tours...never had a problem but its a motion simulator. in fact the only one i remember having a problem w isnt on the list. Mission SPace and that might have been because it was on the day i had gotten up early and flown to FL
dont really remember bein on teacups

dolphinmickey9170
03-29-2007, 10:07 PM
My DDs spin that cup like there's no tomorrow. :sick:

Kairi_7378
03-31-2007, 08:20 PM
If you go on the teacups with some enthusiastic people, you can be VERY dizzy after you ride.

Mission:Space is great but I had to rest in the seat for a minute before I got off the ride because I was so disoriented.

MsMin
04-01-2007, 12:24 AM
I think that you have to look out when riding the teacups and spinning as fast as possible. How else to you get the full thrill of walking out like you consumed a bottle of absolut?
I would vote M:S too. We rode it 3x's and I felt light headed and stopped. We do have a rule that we ride it before lunch. I'm not a risk taker.
Problem with the teacups is the line is usually too long to let you do it repeatedly. :(

The J-man
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I've got to go off the board with Mission Space. My first time on the ride I was so out of commission at the end I needed about 45 minutes to recover.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Green Team mission (and hopefully not get too ill after the ride) on my trip this year..

goofygirl67
04-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I choose teacups since I refuse to go them. I would have chose Primevil Whirl, it's the only one I have almost lost it. :ack:
The original MS was close but since the have the green line now, I go that way. Most simulators do affect me in a bad way, but so does some film- I can't watch the film of France without getting ill.

battle beast
04-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Teacups. I have never been nausous (SP?) or dizzy on any other ride.

DisneyGRL7
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Immediately after eating I generally try to avoid any ride that might make me queasy. After the teacups, I generally have to sit for a few minutes after we stop spinning and then stand up very slowly to stable myself. But, I voted for EVEREST, because that's really the only ride that has make me feel kind of sick for about 15 or 20 min. after riding it. I still love it though!

4ubie1
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I have to say that the Teacups AND StarTours makes me want to :sick: I can not do the spinning rides or the simulators. I know i am missing out but at least I have learned my limit. Funny thing though..i am just fine on :coaster: :shrug: