PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magical EXPRESS

jake
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I have one morequestion about DME.

1. If we have 8 people in our party, can one of us rent a car for the baby and the rest of us take DME?

I ask this question because, this way we can take the baby in the car and we will not have to worry about the luggage.

2. Does Disney have a rule that all DME particapants have to be on the bus? I hate retreiving the luggage from the airport.

Thanks.

Strmchsr
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
The "rule" is that you cannot do a luggage only transfer. My suggestion is that you call DME directly about your situation, letting them know the rest of the party will be riding the bus. Since all we have is the rule, they would be the ones to give you the definitive answer.

Piglet822
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
As far as I know this is not a problem. But as Chris said, it never hurts to call and ask just to make sure.

CleveRocks
03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I've called about this in the past. I called three separate times, and got the same answer all 3 times.

In order to get the automatic baggage delivery, it is only necessary for one person from your party to ride the DME bus. HOWEVER, this will only work if you are all under one reservation number, or if your two separate reservations are officially linked together.

This is because the barcodes on the DME luggage tags are just links to your reservation number (and its accompanying info) in the DME computer database. As long as someone from that reservation number (or associated reservation) has their bus voucher scanned upon boarding the bus, the system releases ALL of the associated luggage to be delivered to the resort.