PDA

View Full Version : Soap

Marker
03-28-2007, 11:20 AM
For the last few months, I've been watching Soap on our cable's "On Demand". That series is STILL funny. They've almost reached the end, and it's losing some of it's gusto. But those first couple of seasons are still funny.

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

DisneyDog
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
That show is one of my all-time favorites. I haven't seen it in a few years, but I think it will always be really funny. Billy Crystal was so great as Jody (wasn't he the first openly gay character on tv?), and there were some really classic storylines. Although, it got a little strange with Burt and the aliens...

Crow
03-29-2007, 12:13 AM
used to love it and had some of the DVDs. that and Twin Peaks were 2 things i used to watch, now i dont watch any tv series.

Jimenyfan
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I still love SOAP it was one of my favorite shows growing up. It really had a great cast.

2Epcot
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I was never a big fan of the show. I had completly forgot about it until reading this post. I did watch several episodes during it's original run, but wasn't a regular viewer.

LibertyTreeGal
04-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I love that show -- it was probably one of the greatest emsemble casts of it's day. Benson was just incredible (much better than he was on his own show).

It was always funny, and very often brilliant. Billy Crystal was awesome too. :thumbsup: It was fun to see him tormenting Burt. And yes, I believe he was the first openly gay character on television. At first he was a bit of a characature, but Billy Crystal really breathed life into him. Of course, EVERY person in that show was a characature, which was what made it great. Katherine Helmond was always so gloriously ditzy.

kmo84
04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
One of my all time favorite shows!

Richard Mulligan was one of the funniest people on TV. His Burt was just hysterical.

One of my favorite scenes is when Danny is helping Burt practice to be Sheriff. They pretend Danny is speeding (in their living room), and Burt is on a chair with wheels chasing him. His interpretation of the siren is classic!

This show was so funny.