PDA

View Full Version : MLB Season Predicitions?

darthmacho
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised no one has posted on this yet with the season starting next week, so I'll do it.

Let's make those ridiculous predictions about who is going to win the divisions, and who is going to the playoffs, as if we could predict the future! :mickey:

My predictions:

AL

East
1. Red Sox (funny how I'm always wrong on that one.)
2. Yankees (AL wild card)
3. Blue Jays
4. Orioles
5. Rays (Always the Rays)

Central
1. Indians (could it be?)
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. White Sox
5. Royals

West
1. Angels
2. Mariners
3. A's
4. Rangers

NL

East
1. Mets
2. Marlins
3. Phillies
4. Braves
5. Nats, Expos, whatever

Central
1. Reds
2. Cardinals (wild card)
3. Cubs
4. Astros
5. Brewers
6. Pirates (always the Pirates)

West
1. Dodgers (really, this time)
2. Padres
3. Giants
4. D-Backs
5. Rockies

Playoffs
Red Sox beat Angels
Yankees beat Indians
Cardinals beat Mets
Dodgers beat Reds

Red Sox beat Yankees
Dodgers beat Cardinals

World Series
Red Sox beat Dodgers! :number1:

The endless two year curse is finally over! :D

Donald A
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
I am a Northeastern Ohio guy trapped in Indy and like your AL Central Division pick for obvious reasons. SI also liked the Indians and had them losing to the Yankees in the Division Series just as you do. They also talked about how the Indians stats don't really add up for being as good as they are and not making the post-season. For a long time it wasn't the case, but the Tribe is in a really tough division the past few years.

Marker
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Being from the KC area, I'd just like to say this while I can.....

The Royals remain undefeated for the 2007 baseball season.

Thanks for indulging me.

markyv
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I have to Say GO CARDS!

RedSoxFan
03-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, it shouldn't be a surprise given my screen name: Red Sox will win the world series. Looking forward to a wonderful season!!

Jacova
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry guys, but it will be a Subway Series, with the Mets topping the Yankees in game 7...

(Hey, I'm a New Yorker...)

Scar
03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
NL

East.........Mets
Central......Cubs
West........Dodgers
Wild Card...Phillies

I'm not too familiar with the AL, but I'll take a shot.

East.........Redsox
Central......Indians
West........Angels
Wild Card...Twins

PirateLover
03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Phillies= World Series Champions!!!!

Really though, I think we'll get the wild card this year and could make a run at it...

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I am taking a stab at this:

AL East: BlueJays (and I am a Yankee fan)
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Rangers

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cubbies
NL West: Dodgers

AL Wild Card: Twins
NL Wild Card: Brewers

Tigers vs Dodgers in World Series... Tigers in 7.....

Damon18
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Well for what it's worth here's mine....

AL East : Red Sox
AL Central : Tigers
AL West : A's
Wild Card : Blue Jays

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cardinals
Wild Card :Phillies

World Series : Red Sox vs. Mets
Champ: Sox in 6 :number1:

Marker
03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
If you would indulge me again, I'd like to point out, while I can, that given their current record for the 2007 regular season, and their CURRENT position in the standings..... The Royals still have a chance.

Know what the best "Royals" news has been the last few.... ok several seasons here in KC....... "It's Almost Football Season".

darthmacho
03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I am taking a stab at this:

AL East: BlueJays (and I am a Yankee fan)
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Rangers

AL Wild Card: Twins
NL Wild Card: Brewers

Tigers vs Dodgers in World Series... Tigers in 7.....

I like your predictions because they don't fall into the trap of following last years finish. My only question is what makes the Blue Jays able to pull ahead of the Yanks and Sox? One maybe, but both? I admit, that would be interesting.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys, but it will be a Subway Series, with the Mets topping the Yankees in game 7...

(Hey, I'm a New Yorker...)

I say its going the other way..Subway Series, Yanks over Mets. ;)

New Yorker here too. :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
03-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I like your predictions because they don't fall into the trap of following last years finish. My only question is what makes the Blue Jays able to pull ahead of the Yanks and Sox? One maybe, but both? I admit, that would be interesting.

I feel like the pitching staffs on the Yankees and Red Sox are vulnerable... The Sox pullpen is for sure vunerable, other than Papelbon.. But they have to get to him first.. Plus, how is his shoulder going to hold up?? Dice-K is going to get lit up like a Christmas tree, just like Burkett did last year.. But, if Dice-K is an ace, like they claim he is, then the Sox starting rotation could be OK.. Still, not great... A lot of question marks on all three staffs really.... Should be interesting... If the Blue Jays don't pull ahead, then the Yankees finish in 1st, Jay in 2nd, Sox in 3rd... In a very close race....

goofhook
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm going to have to go with Red Sox also, Dice-k is going to dominate.:number1:

Jasper
03-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I am really torn, I have been a lifelong Cincinnati fan but Scot Rolen who is from where I live plays for St. Louis. (Plus my wife was Scott's nursery school teacher.) So I guess if we are making really crazy predictions than Cincinnati and St. Louis will go undeafeted except for when they play one another and those games will all end in ties. Then because both teams are so good MLB will just skip the playoffs and have those two teams go straight to the World Series against one another!!!:D :D

Ok, I am not that good at this so I won't make any predictions other than to say that both my teams ought to be pretty good this year. Beyond that I don't have a clue!

indytraveler
03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
AL winners
Red Sox
Tigers
Angels
White Sox (wc)

NL winners
Mets
Cards
Padres
Cubs (wc)

World Series
Cubs over White Sox

DizneyFreak2002
03-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm going to have to go with Red Sox also, Dice-k is going to dominate.:number1:

Not saying he won't be good, but, remember this... They said the same thing about Hideki Irabu.. And we all know how that turned out... So, let the guy actually pitch here in the U.S. and pitch in the beast that is the AL EAST, then let's call him an ace and Hall of Famer... Because, just like Beckett, Dice-K will get lit up like a Christmas Tree....

goofhook
03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Not saying he won't be good, but, remember this... They said the same thing about Hideki Irabu.. And we all know how that turned out... So, let the guy actually pitch here in the U.S. and pitch in the beast that is the AL EAST, then let's call him an ace and Hall of Famer... Because, just like Beckett, Dice-K will get lit up like a Christmas Tree.... I'm not saying he is going to be a hall of famer, but I'm pretty sure with the way he was this pre-season he'll be an ace in the future.:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
03-30-2007, 10:27 PM
My predictions:

AL

East
1. Yankees - A Rod is going to have a fantastic year!!!!
2. Red Sox
3. Blue Jays
4. Orioles
5. Devil Rays

Central
1. Tigers
2. Twins (AL wild card)
3. Indians
4. White Sox
5. Royals

West
1. Angels
2. A's
3. Mariners
4. Rangers

NL

East
1. Mets
2. Phillies
3. Marlins
4. Braves
5. Nats

Only know the NL East

World Series - I, too, think another subway series - with the Yankees taking it in six. (fingers crossed). MVP - Mariano Rivera ;)

DizneyFreak2002
04-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm not saying he is going to be a hall of famer, but I'm pretty sure with the way he was this pre-season he'll be an ace in the future.:thumbsup:

I'm not saying he won't be good.. in the future.... But, just like Beckett, he is going to get hit his first year... I don't take much stock in pre-season because they pitch against minor leagues more than major leaguers... I mean, Pavano pitched well this spring too... Doesn't mean he is the new ace of the Yankees :)

goofhook
04-02-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm not saying he won't be good.. in the future.... But, just like Beckett, he is going to get hit his first year... I don't take much stock in pre-season because they pitch against minor leagues more than major leaguers... I mean, Pavano pitched well this spring too... Doesn't mean he is the new ace of the Yankees :) At this rate, we should start a thread to express are thoughts about Dice-K.:thumbsup:

Marker
04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
There's a B2 Bomber circling my house, that can only mean one thing, the Royals game is starting....... and no, they didn't show mercy and bomb them before the Red Sox do.

But at this particular moment, the Royals are still undefeated, and the score is tied, aka they aren't losing yet.

edit - never mind, they're losing already.

edit again -- Ok, I'm not ready to adjust my expectations but for what it's worth, THE ROYALS BEAT THE RED SOX!!!!!! ROYALS ARE IN A TIE FOR FIRST WHILE THE RED SOX, WHITE SOX, CARDINALS, and others ARE MIRED IN A SLUMP WITH THE WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL SO FAR THIS SEASON. You know, that felt good.

Hammer
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Marker I was just about to post a message to you that Meche earned his money today! Your team won at least (though the Phillies really didn't play that bad, especially Myers, but we need to get the bullpen in shape)!

Marker
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Marker I was just about to post a message to you that Meche earned his money today! Your team won at least (though the Phillies really didn't play that bad, especially Myers, but we need to get the bullpen in shape)!

Don't misinterpret this as I'm ready to jump on the Royals bandwagon yet but, Meche looked really good today. And, defensively the Royals look better than years past, if only just in the "basics" of baseball.

EXCEPT - there was a play today where Mike Sweeney, team captain, was at bat with a dropped third strike, AND HE JUST STOOD THERE and waited to be tagged. Now I understand that probably 99.9% of the time you're going to get thrown out on that play, but there is that slim chance. When I coached little league I would have been all over a kid for not running it out (of course in little league there is a much greater chance of a throwing error. I remember back when Danny Tartabull was here, he got dogged for trotting to first, but he at least headed in that direction instead of just standing there...... ok, vent over.

kakn7294
04-03-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm going out on a limb here - I really think the Pirates have a great shot this year! Okay, stop laughing - I meant a great shot to finish 5th and not last. I love them anyway - they are quite entertaining and it's kinda nice when they do win because I usually don't have my hopes up anyway! Besides, they're in 1st place right now!

darthmacho
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm going out on a limb here - I really think the Pirates have a great shot this year! Okay, stop laughing - I meant a great shot to finish 5th and not last. I love them anyway - they are quite entertaining and it's kinda nice when they do win because I usually don't have my hopes up anyway! Besides, they're in 1st place right now!

Those salty ol' sea dogs are currently undefeated. :pirate: No one is laughing...yet.

CleveSJM
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
AL East: Boston (Dice-K will be good enough, Papel closing is key)
AL Central: Indians (if their pitching stays healthy) Twins lost too much Pitching and Kenny Rogers injury hurts Detroit.
AL West: Seattle

AL Wild Card: Tigers
NL Wild Card: Padres

Indians vs Dodgers in World Series... Tribe in 5.

TheAdventurer
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
As a Brewers fan I'm having a hard time adjusting to this thing about a number of experts picking us to win the division. I don't think that's been the case since '83. It's a very strange feeling...

But hey, so far so good, we're 2-0 (with a gem of a performance by Sheets on opening day--2 hitter complete game) and fighting it out with Pittsburgh at the top of the standings :D

kakn7294
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
As a Brewers fan I'm having a hard time adjusting to this thing about a number of experts picking us to win the division. I don't think that's been the case since '83. It's a very strange feeling...

But hey, so far so good, we're 2-0 (with a gem of a performance by Sheets on opening day--2 hitter complete game) and fighting it out with Pittsburgh at the top of the standings :D

Don't worry too much about fighting it out with Pittsburgh at the top of the standings. It's a long season and we won't stay on top for long! Soon darthmacho can start laughing...:D

MrDownTown
04-06-2007, 08:37 AM
i too am a Brewers fan and i think you all should know this isnt your dad's milwaukee brewer team.

The Brewers may actually have the top 1,2,3 in the National League if not the top 1,2,3,4

They have budding stars in the infield witch Prince Fielder at 1st, Rickie Weeks at 2nd, and JJ Hardy at Short, The have a good CF in Billy Hall, and are Platooning the corner out field spots with Jenkins, Cory Hart, and Kevin Mench.

But the Stregnth of this team maybe the leadership of the Veterens on this club.

The two catchers Johnny Estrada and Damien Miller are really being stablity to the Brewers Pitchers, and 3rd Basemens Craig Counsell, and Tony Graffanino bring leadership to a young infield.

THis team is on the rise and i doubt they will finish 5th in the NL Central but its a long season and we will see.

Go Crew!!

Marker
04-08-2007, 09:56 AM
We're just 5 games into the season and the Royals have found their way to the bottom of their division. Very likely their home for the season. :baseball:

GothMickey
04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
We're just 5 games into the season and the Royals have found their way to the bottom of their division. Very likely their home for the season. :baseball:

And to think, their first game we so well.

Marker
04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Well, they've done it.

Just 13 games into the season, and my Royals, once one of the toughest teams in the league, have found their spot.... THE WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL. Oh sure, "good on paper", but obviously not so good on the field. Looks like another long season.

Jared
04-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I will write more later. Sorry these are so late.

AL East
1. New York
2. Boston (Wild Card)
3. Toronto
4. Baltimore
5. Tampa Bay

AL Central
1. Detroit
2. Chicago
3. Cleveland
4. Minnesota
5. Kansas City