PDA

View Full Version : Something that I think might be against the House Rules...?

RaspberryRed
03-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Well, lately my Dad has been looking at Ebay a lot, so for fun I searched VMK on it. I was SHOCKED at all the responds! I know selling the actual trading cards/t shirts is fine, but I have seen A LOT of people selling IN-GAME items, as in items that can only be bought in the game.

Quote from the House Rules:

Don't buy or sell accounts or items. We reserve the right to cancel any player account that was bought or sold, or player accounts that have bought or sold items.

Wouldn't this be a violation of the House Rules? Should I stay quiet or report my issue to VMK? I have already reported some that include their display names on VMK. Or maybe I should just email them a warning?

HELP!!

P.S. Sorry for all the CAPS, I was adding it to add EXAGGERATION. =P

<3<3<3<3
Red

WDWfanatic742
03-28-2007, 03:51 PM
By the house rules you are not supposed to be selling in-game items on eBay. However, with the joined sweepstakes they had a few month's ago, I got a feeling that the sweepstakes had something to do with them not taking away the in-game items so far. Lot's of people have reported the problem to VMK and they don't seem to be listening :rolleyes:

RaspberryRed
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
By the house rules you are not supposed to be selling in-game items on eBay. However, with the joined sweepstakes they had a few month's ago, I got a feeling that the sweepstakes had something to do with them not taking away the in-game items so far. Lot's of people have reported the problem to VMK and they don't seem to be listening :rolleyes:

Surprise. Surprise.

Chescat
03-28-2007, 07:25 PM
eBay I thought had announced that it would no longer allow the selling of virtual stuff in any of the online games. Which was suppose to also include selling of characters and full inventory.

Not sure when or IF that's suppose to take effect. :confused:

chrisb26
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I think to some degree it already has. I looked on there a few months ago and you could buy anything your character could hold on ebay. From hats to magic to even accounts. However lately I have only seen the cards and codes. I haven't really seen as much of the items as much so I do think ebay is doing things about this.