PDA

View Full Version : Wedding-ish dining?

xipetotec
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I have a cousin planning to get married down there next March. She can't afford the huge Disney to-do. Just plans to get the wedding done and then getting our little gang together for a nice dinner afterwards.

What would you all suggest as a nice place to have such a dinner?

SBETigg
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
The Grand Floridian has great choices, and it's elegant and lovely for that dressed-up wedding feel. Narcoossee's, for a nice spot overlooking the lagoon. Citricos is also good. Victoria and Albert's is the best you can get, but if cost is an issue, it may not be the way to go.

California Grill at the Contemporary is also a nice choice, or Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, even 'Ohana at the Polynesian(the least costly of the choices, served family style). It depends on what kind of feel they want for their event.

dtootsie42
03-28-2007, 01:47 PM
If they are looking for something romantic I would go with Narcoossee's. Hubby and I try to go there everytime we visit. One visit was for our 15th anniversary had a wonderful dinner. The wait staff was incredible and could not do enough for us to make our anniversary special. (We were sad we could not go for our 20th).

If they are looking for something a little more casual and served family style I would go with Ohanas. Its fun, festive and yummy.

As SBETigg said it depends on what kind of feel they want for their event.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
If they are looking for something romantic I would go with Narcoossee's. Hubby and I try to go there everytime we visit. One visit was for our 15th anniversary had a wonderful dinner. The wait staff was incredible and could not do enough for us to make our anniversary special. (We were sad we could not go for our 20th.

May I second that 'emotion'?....We loved it last summer and are making plans to spend our 30th anniversary there next year. Can't wait! Ask for a view of the castle--it was so beautiful! Had great service and food! Magical!

DisneyMomx2
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
My sister got married at the Yacht Club gazeebo and then we all met at Cinderella's Castle for a late lunch. That was a few years ago though before the Cinderella lunch and there weren't a ton of us down there. It was super nice though.