PDA

View Full Version : POLY or Contemporary???

em-n-mia's-mommy
03-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Dh and I are in the process of planning a get away to wdw for our anniversary in late september/beginning of october. We are having trouble choosing our accomidations. We will be without our 3 children so I want to make this special and romantic. I want to stay at the Polynesian and save the contemporary for a 2008 trip with the kids so they can enjoy the views of the magic kingdom from there. He wants to stay at the contemporary for our upcoming couples trip. What would you all recommend for a romantic stay???

:mickey:

May524
03-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Hmm....to me the Poly has a MUCH more romantic feel to it than the contemporary!
Plus...the beach is fun to hang out on...drink a :marg: and watch Wishes!
On the same token though...i think your kids may enjoy the Poly more than the Contemporary also...so it's somewhat of a toss up!!!
What about...staying at the Grand Floridian?....thats my dream for an anniversary trip and I've only been married for 2 months! :mickey:

Tink's Mom
03-28-2007, 06:09 AM
My vote is for the Poly! :lei:

moe513
03-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I love the Poly. I think its a great spot for a couple to stay. Not as busy as the Cr

Goofeygal
03-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I vote for the contempary. I agree that the kids would probably enjoy the poly more then the contemporary. Where ever you stay Hey you are at disney so it is always special.

pox24
03-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Easy... Polynesian

CanadianWDWFan
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
We faced the same issue last year, although we took our kids. We originally booked at the CR, but later changed it to the Poly. We were not disappointed! The Poly is beautiful. We really enjoyed watching Wishes from the pool and the beach.

The reason we changed to the Poly was that we wanted a place that didn't seem like a hotel. More of a get-a-way type place was what we wanted. The Poly did not disappoint us!

Don't get me wrong, we still want to stay at the CR.

Bruegge
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
from what I've read here. The Poly just got it's 4star rating back after a big refurb.

I'd check it out.

Scott

flying carpet
03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
My advise is the Grand Floridian! We have never stayed ther but we are taking our 3 kids this fall. We have heard great praises about this resort. We usually stay at the all stars cause we hang at the parks all day but looking forward to a 8 day trip and want to have our own Year of A Million Dreams. We stayed at Poly in the early 90's it was nice but I think GF will be better.

M

BrerGnat
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Well, take from this what you will, but the CR rooms are gorgeous since the remodel. BUT, they are not exactly "child friendly". They have weird sinks in the bathroom and the decor is very upscale and modern/sophisticated. For a stay with kids, the Poly is much more appropriate for a family, with a lot more "fun" in the decor and grounds. The pool at the CR is boring, for lack of a better word, and there is so much construction going on that the CR is not going to feel as "magical" for your kids. Plus, there are always conventions going on, so you see a lot of "suits" walking around, which sort of detracts from the feeling of "being away from it all."

Personally, if I was going without my kids, I would choose an Epcot resort. The Boardwalk area has a lot of nightlife, plus you can walk right into World Showcase for dinner every night if you want! There is a lot for adults to enjoy in the Epcot resort area, so my personal front runner for a romantic getaway with my husband sans kids would be the Yacht Club Resort. Second after that would be the Wilderness Lodge, actually. It's very cozy and romantic and that's where we spent our honeymoon, so there are a lot of good memories there for us. :cloud9:

scootch713
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
No hands down... POLY.... i love the poly... now since I only take my daughters and leave my husband home, I usually stay at the contemporary.. haha...... but IF i could even get to disney with just hubby, it would be the poly, the poly, the poly!

PiratePaul
03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Hands down poly:number1: :party:

pick it you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey: