PDA

View Full Version : "The One Month from Today!" Pre-trip Report

jilwil
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
The Wilson Household Mickey Mouse Club:mickey:

Roll Call:

Me-jilwil: 35, trip planner, and your fellow Intercotee
DH: 37, financial planner, and chauffer
DS: Turning 14 the day we leave, AWESOME tenor saxophone player!
Supporting Cast: DS's band director and the North Hall Middle School Band!
GO TROJANS!:number1:

The real title of our trip: The NHMS Band, DS's 14th birthday, and romantic get-away Trip (WHEW! That's a mouth full!)

Dates: Friday, April 27-Wednesday, May 2

Resort: POR (and AllSSp for DS and fellow band members)

The Background: When DS entered middle school band in sixth grade, we knew he would take a trip somewhere his eighth grade year. Fortunately for all of us, they are performing in Disney World! An added plus is that April 27 is DS's birthday! So, we get to celebrate his birthday in the best way possible: with Mickey and friends! As an aside, DH and I decided that we would go seperately from the band. If we had chaperoned, we would have been split up, and I would have been assigned seventh grade girls that I don't know and would have had no opportunity to spend time with DS. This way I get to see him perform, have some random time to spend with him, and most importantly, I will be close by if he should get sick or hurt. It is also a great opportunity for DH and I to have some fun, just the two of us, which we desperately need! We will have the best of both worlds! We will have time together as a couple and time as a family!

Friday, April 27-Rise at 5:00 a.m. Drop DS off at school at 7:30 a.m. DH and I will depart Gainesville at 8:00 a.m. Breakfast in the car and lunch on the road. Arrive at POR, hopefully somtime mid-afternoon. Supper at Boatwright's. End the evening at DD shopping, and trying out the Adventurer's Club for the first time. (DS will depart between noon and 2:00 p.m. with the band from Gainesville. They will eat supper on the road. They will arrive LATE and will be staying at All-Star Sports for the weekend.)

Saturday, April 28-MK Day. DH and I have an ADR for 7:30 a.m. at the Kona Cafe'. Tonga Toast!:tasty: Mickey's Philharmagic is our first goal of the day! Lunch at Casey's. DH and I will park hop to Epcot around 5:00 because of grad night. We have an ADR for supper at Alfredo's (6:00 p.m.) We will end the evening exploring WS and viewing Illuminations. (DS will be at MK during the day. The band will leave sometime in the early evening as a result of grad night. They will return to All-Star Sports for a night of swimming and a pizza party.)

Sunday, April 29-Epcot and performance day. DH and I will start our day with breakfast at the newly rennovated food court at POR. SOARIN' will be our first goal of the day (at least acquiring a FP). We will eat CS lunch somewhere in the WS. We have an ADR for supper at Marrakesh at 6:00 p.m. This may change however, depending on the time of DS's band performance. We will end the day park hopping to the MK for EMH. (DS will remain with the band at Epcot in the evening in order to view Illuminations.)

Monday, April 30-AK and MGM. DH and I have an ADR for Boma at 7:30 a.m. We will be at AK during the morning hours and then park hop to MGM around lunch time. Not sure about lunch as a result of this. I would love to squeeze in CS at Flame Tree Barbecue, but it will all depend on timing. AK goal of the day will be a ride on EE for DH. My herniated disc will not allow me to give it a whirl:mad: . MGM goal of the day will be ToT for DH. We hope to eat at the Brown Derby for supper (possibly with DS). We are unsure about this meal because the band will be leaving that evening to return home (riding back ALL NIGHT on the charter bus! YUCK!) DS will be staying with us. We will sign him out sometime that evening. We will end the day with EMH at MGM and hopefully FANTASMIC!

Tuesday, May 1-Birthday celebration and free day. I am SO excited about this day! DS thinks we are leaving in the a.m. to return home. WRONG! :secret: SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated)! We are staying an extra day! He will not find out until that morning after he is up and dressed for the day! We have a 9:55 a.m. ADR for Boatwright's. We will try to let DS make decisions about our plans for the day. Hopefully, we can make it to DD and the Earl of Sandwich sometime mid-afternoon. We will be having supper at Arabian Nights in Kissimmee. DH doesn't even know that we have V.I.P. tickets! I can't wait!:joy: After Arabian Nights we will spend sometime at the Boardwalk. DH wants a shirt from the ESPN club.

Wednesday, May 2-Time to go home. We will eat breakfast at the food court at POFQ (Beignets!) After, it will be time to hit the road.:(

We are, of course, all so excited about this trip! I know many great memories will be made!:mickey: Thanks for reading!

Bethis26fan
03-28-2007, 08:38 AM
sounds like you are going to have a great trip

faline
03-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Great plans and what a nice surprise for your son!

pogo
03-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Sounds like a fun time. Play safe and enjoy !:D

DizNee143
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
sounds like it will be a great trip..youll be able to do a bit of everything and get to hang out with just your hubby for a little...and thats an awesome little surprise for your son!! hope you have fun!! :mickey:

magicman
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
What a great idea to surprise your son with extra WDW time.

We have always thought how fun it would be to wake the kids up one morning at home & tell them to get up, we're going to WDW. However, we will never do it because we love the pre-excitement soooo much. I do believe, however, that we could keep the secret of extra day(s) & spring it on them while on the trip like you're doing.

Great idea...thanks.

jilwil
03-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the nice replies! I will post trip reports when we return.:)