View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 1

Ginger205b
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Cast members
Me - 43
DH - 49
DS - 17
DD - 9

We had a great first trip to WDW. Magical Express was truly "magical". We arrived in Orlando at about 10:30 a.m. There was very little wait for the bus and our bags magically appeared and were waiting for us in our room after our first day at MK. We stayed at the POFQ which was a nice resort. Check in went smoothly and our room was ready when we arrived at about 12:00 p.m. We weren't blown away by the rooms or the mousekeeping service but overall the resort was nice......the pool, food court, Jackson Square shop, bus service were all nice. We left tips every day for mousekeeping and got no special service or nice little animal towel surprises:( ........a little disappointing since I saw several towel animals in some bottom floor windows. Anyway......... our first day we went to none other than MK. It was so exciting to finally see that castle!! We hadn't had lunch and went strait to Frontierland and ate at Pecos Bill's at around 1:15p.m.. Food was good but boy was it crowded. After eating we grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain and went to the standby line for BTMRR. Only about a twenty minute wait...........great ride!!! We then went and rode Haunted Mansion, then back to Splash. After splash we went over to Adventure Land and saw Jack Sparrow!!!. He was giving a pirate tutorial and was great!! After watching Jack we rode Pirates with about a fifteen minute wait. After pirates we grabbed a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise, went and rode Aladin's Magic Carpets, bought an autograph book and pen, met Aladin and Genie (complete with pics and autographs) then back to ride Jungle Cruise. Cute ride......the CM was entertaining too. After Adventure land it was time to get over to Crystal Palace for our dinner resi. We really enjoyed Crystal Palace. The food was good and so was the service. My DD was really excited because when Pooh signed her autograph book, he wrote: to Aubrey from Pooh. No one had told Pooh her name and she thought it was truly magical!!! She got Tigger's and Piglet's signatures as well and I took lots of pics. After dinner we went back to Frontierland to grab a spot to watch SpectroMagic. We sat right across from Pecos Bill's and had great seats. No one in front of or behind us. As we waited my DH bought one of those neat string things that glow in the dark for our DD. I do believe that this parade was my favorite attraction at MK. I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!! After Spectro we walked over to check out Tomorrow land and checked out Stitch. There was absolutely no wait and after seeing the attraction I knew why. The kids thought it was entertaining though. Stitch is my daughter's favorite character. After Stitch, we went to Town Hall and grabbed some 1st visit pins and hung out in shops on Main Street until Wishes........... A great ending to a wonderful first day.

quicksand
03-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Great start! I have an Aubrey too! She's my :princess: Can't wait to read more of your reports.

mudpuppysmom
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Great first day!!! ;)

As for Spectro......I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I think it is my most favorite parade of all time!!!

Bethis26fan
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a great first day.

faline
03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!!

Not stupid at all! Isn't it wonderful to be touched by the magic like this?

What a great way to start your first trip!

Christine
03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Howdy neighbor! We live in Longview, too!

I am glad you enjoyed your first trip to WDW!! It sounds like it definitely won't be your last!!

I STILL cry at most nighttime spectaculars (Wishes, Spectro, Fantasmic...):blush:

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey, don't worry about it - lots of us here on Intercot report getting misty eyed at the parades and other nightime shows - me included! All I have to hear is the parade music on Live 365 and I'm back there again! Sounds like you had a flawless first day!

Nissy_Mouse
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
wow 20 minutes for BTMRR is great! and spectromagic is still one of my all time favorite things about disney eventhough i've gone many many times since my first visit at age 2 :mickey3: glad that it was magical for you and your family

pogo
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
What a way to start your first WDW trip !:cloud9:

I can't wait to read more. :D

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
03-31-2007, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Ginger205b;1236889]
I know it sounds stupid to some but I got tears in my eyes just watching the magic and listening to the music as the floats went by. It was so much larger than life and I was finally there!!! QUOTE]

Doesnt sound stupid to me. I always get tears in my eyes watching the parade and seeing the fireworks....it is the magic!

It sounds like a great first day! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

BelleCiavo
04-01-2007, 11:33 PM
What a magical day. So, how DID Pooh know Aubrey's name?
Karen :mickey:

Ginger205b
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
We don't know. We're guessing maybe he overheard us but then again........it could be magic!!!