PDA

View Full Version : california grill & fireworks

kgoulash
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
can anyone suggest a time to book a dinner reservation for the cali grill if we are interested in watching the fireworks while we eat?
thank you!
one more day 'til i can make my adrs!

faline
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
It all depends on when the fireworks are scheduled on the day you want to dine there. On our last trip, we made a reservation for 5:30 p.m. Wishes was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. We had a wonderful window table and the timing was perfect - fireworks after appetizers and before the entree!

magicman
03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
I had the exact same concern on one of my previous trips. We didn't want to be waiting to be seated when they went off.

I would say a good rule would be to have your reservation between 30 - 90 minutes prior to the scheduled fireworks.

My thoughts...

mrsgaribaldi
03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
We usually make an ADR for an hour before Wishes too. If you don't get a window seat with a view of the MK there is a large outside viewing area. Even when we've gotten a great table with a view of the MK we still go outside on the walkway to watch Wishes. It's so nice standing outside. I love it:thumbsup:

caryrae
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah I would say make them at least 1 hour before the fireworks are suppose to start. You will easily spend more then an hour eating at California Grill. Also if it is still there, there is a walkway up by the reasturant that you walk on with great night time views of the MK.

kgoulash
03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
thanks everyone
we generally go out on the walkway to watch so i'm not super concerned with a window seat but our timing is usually left up to chance however this year i have a little boy who is looking forward to them!

Duchess99
03-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I would say around 1 - 1 1/2 hours prior to the fireworks is ideal. Request a window seat as soon as you check in and if there aren't any available I would suggest waiting at the bar.
When I was there in February, I could only get ADRs for 6:10 and Wishes was at 8. I was planning on drawing dinner out for a long time, but there weren't any window seats available when we got there. They said there would be one available in about 45 min, so we waited at the bar, had a couple of drinks and the mushroom flatbread :tasty: After 30 min, our table was ready and it was the best seat in the house!! We had a fantastic dinner and Wishes was right before we had dessert.
I think the trick is to wait until the first seating, which I think is 5pm, is over and then grab the good tables :thumbsup:
Good luck with the rest of your ADRs!!

Kairi_7378
04-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Call the ADR number, and tell them that you want to make reservations at the CG and that you want to watch the fireworks. The Cast Member will ask you which days you are staying and will look up the firework schedule for you, then suggest times.

When we ate there at 6:00 last week, the maitre de told us that we were welcome to return to watch the fireworks later in the evening from the observation decks.

benny
04-01-2007, 08:08 PM
We made our ADR 1 hours before Wishes and went out on the main viewing platform to watch it - it was magical. We then went back to our table for dessert - perfect. :mickey: