PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Horror Nights

Dyanna
03-27-2007, 01:17 PM
We will be in DW for one of the dates for the Halloween Horror Nights. Can you tell me if you would recommend bringing a 10 month old to it?

NJGIRL
03-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Holloween Horror Night is at Universal. No I would not bring a child under 10 years old to the horror night because although alot of fun for adults it toooooooo intense for small children. For the young crowd I recommend the Magic Kingdom's Not So Scary Party.

Main Street Jim
03-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say....

Here, we have Mickey's Very Scary Halloween Party, and Mickey's Not So Merry Christmas Party...oops...LOL...I mean, the other way around :) "Not-So-Scary" Halloween and "Very Merry" Christmas Party. :D

DVC2004
03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
No, I wouldn't. It's very intense and very frightening.

aprilisis
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
HHN scared me silly :scared: when I was 26, so I would not recommend it at all. It is loud and very scary.

MNNHFLTX
03-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Disney World's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party would probably be fine for a 10-month old--except maybe some characters in the parade might be a little frightening.

Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights is definitely too intense for babies and young children. I could barely handle it as an adult. :eek:

Meghan
03-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh gosh no! It is a very scary event. Aside from the Bill and Ted show, everything is scary. More like terrifying. The haunted houses are the main draw, and very scary. I went 3 times this past fall, with lots of different people, and they were all scared at some point (even the big tough guys, lol). Its a really fun night, I just wouldnt take anyone who wasn't at least.... 12 maybe... maybe even older.

Go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party instead. Its just as fun, but better suited for children. Plus you get free candy!

Rockstar Boyfriends
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Halloween Horror Nights has no child's ticket for a reason. It's not recommended for kids. A few years ago, I saw a guest bring their 1 year old kid to Halloween Horror Nights. The Scare-actors didn't try to scare the kid (one gave her a high five!), but the atmosphere will probably give kids nightmares! Their stroller was pretty scary because it squeaked loudly when it moved!

Kid-friendly Halloween events are Mickey's Not So Scary Hallloween Party at the Magic Kingdom and Sea World's Spooktacular.

disney323
04-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Scary and loud. When we went durning on of our trips, we noticed severalof the people running around with chainsaws and people screaming all over the place. The music was loud and the people are all over the place and its dark.

darthmacho
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree with the other posters that it is probably best for teens and above, and not great for children under 10. I'd stick with WDW events. :mickey:

I'm still having nightmares from my 1999 trip, and I was 28 at the time! :silly: