PDA

View Full Version : Best Hearty Breakfasts- Counter/Sit Down

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 08:37 PM
My parents are heading down the end of April for five nights (fri-wed), they have the dining plan and are staying at Pop Century.

They are both early birds and BIG breakfast eaters. I know they have a decent counter selection at Pop but what are some options to change it up. It needs to be places open early.

I made ADR's for Kona at 7:30 on Sun (they know they'll have to take a taxi). Is the Conc Steak at Contemp worth an early taxi ride?
They'll also be going to the EMH at AK on Mon at 8 so I was thinking of may be Tuskers (I've read about it here).

ANY ideas welcome- Thanks Everyone!

P.S. I'm their little princess and I'm 26 so character dining is probably not up their alley

mouseketeer mom
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Whispering Canyon at the WL is a terrific sit down skillet breakfast! Eggs, Bacon, Sausages, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and more! Delish and the dining room is full of energy, a great start to a day at the parks, perhaps they could taxi over, then after breakfast take a water launch to the MK for the day!

thejens
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Boma has a wonderful breakfast, lots of great traditional food, but also some fun different stuff. And plenty. I liked Crystal Palace breakfast a lot, but you'd have to dine with Pooh and friends.

wendy*darling
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Our breakfast favorites:
Boma
Yacht Club Galley- great buffet or order off the menu- no characters
Whispering Canyon
Kona
Concourse Steakhouse
Cape May Cafe
Crystal Palace

You do not need to have little children to enjoy a character meal. Do not underestimate the fun it adds to a meal. We love dining with Pooh & friends, whether or not we have our teens with us. And we took my parents for their 50th anniversary, and they loved Chef Mickey's as much as any other place we dined!
Besides... we're ALL kids when we are at WDW!:mickey:

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
AWESOME ideas!

Boma and Yacht Club sound good becuause of the respective parks their near...I'll call for times. Thanks!

I tried to sell them on character breakfasts but clearly I was never meant to be a saleswoman. I dine in Norway for the Princess lunches and paint my face in the parks- I'm all about being a kid! If it wouldn't look like I was imposing on character territory I'd dress up like all the little princesses, too! (don't think the mouse would like that a whole lot, though)

Their loss, eh?

BluegrassDaisy
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I have to agree with Whispering Canyon - this is a great breakfast(and a great value). We always eat here when we are staying at the WL, but IMO, it would be worth the cost of the cab ride!

lyle21
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
i finally tried boma this past december and my goodness, was it ever good. filled up on wonderful and healthy food. so much so that i skipped lunch and only had a small tomato basil salad for dinner. awesome, delicious, filling, worth the hype.

kathymk616
03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Here's another vote for the Yacht Club Galley breakfast. We always get the buffet...LOTS of stuff, and it includes waffles made to order and wonderful, fresh-squeezed OJ. My mom and I always stuff ourselves there in the morning, and then we're not hungry until around 3pm!

Seasonscraps
03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Here's another vote for the Yacht Club Galley breakfast. We always get the buffet...LOTS of stuff, and it includes waffles made to order and wonderful, fresh-squeezed OJ. My mom and I always stuff ourselves there in the morning, and then we're not hungry until around 3pm!

I had no idea there was a buffet at the Yacht Club Galley. We are going to have to check it out on our next trip. Thanks!!