PDA

View Full Version : When should I get my park tickets advice anyone?

AliceinDisney
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't know if this is the correct section if not I apologize in advance. Anyway, I just wanted to ask advice. I'm going to the Kingdom in July and I haven't bought my tickets yet, I'm going to get a park hopper pass. I am not staying at a resort and I know its preferential to book a couple months in advance if you want a resort, so is it going to be easy for me to get a park hopper pass say in June? They don't sell out of that kind of stuff do they? Maybe this is a dumb question but I thought I'd ask.

vicster
03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
You can buy park hoppers at the gates - it's very easy and there's no need to buy in advance.

CrazyStitch
03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
You'll be fine. If it's just passes, you can get them the day you get there, so there's no real rush. It would be more convenient to get them ahead of time, so if you go that route (which it looks like you are), all you have to worry about is ordering far enough in advance so the tickets arrive before you leave.

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
We used Official Ticket Center (an Intercot sponsor) last trip and it worked great!! Just click on 'buy theme park/attraction tickets' to the left. They give you a discount and you can get them before you even leave home. Since you're going a busy time of year, that will be one less line you'll need to wait in when you're ready to get to the magic. Have a great trip! :party:

mom*3
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I recommend buying your tickets now. They are cheaper if you get them ahead of time, and I always do it as soon as my plans are made (and before Disney decides to raise prices again). We always get ours online. Shop around.:mickey:

battle beast
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Shop around, beause there are many deals out there. Paying at the gate is always more expensive,a nd if the InTERCOT link can give you a deal, use it! ALSO, try EBAY. They have passes for sale, and you may luck out and get a deal.

LoriMistress
03-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Sign up for a news letter through mousesavers. You'll get a huge discount for WDW tickets through a special link they have from the undercovertourist. We bought our tickets and they were cheap!!!

LoriMistress
03-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Shop around, beause there are many deals out there. Paying at the gate is always more expensive,a nd if the InTERCOT link can give you a deal, use it! ALSO, try EBAY. They have passes for sale, and you may luck out and get a deal.

I would NOT recommend buying tickets through Ebay. Most people sell tickets that are expired and/or fake.

King Triton
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Ditto on the eBay tix...you may be severely disappointed with no recourse, and Disney tickets are not transferable...so unless Disney or a reputable ticket agency are selling them (and I doubt they are), I wouldn't advise the eBay route.

You could get them from disney.com if you'd like to spread out your vacation expenses. That would also protect you from ticket expenses.

One possible reason to wait to July though...if you have a Discover Card, they will be giving a 5% rebate on Theme Park purchases for three months starting July 1. If you're buying for a family, that could be pretty sizable.

Speedy1998
03-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Ditto on E-bay!!! Very risky to buy tickets there.

One place I would recommend is the Disney Store (if you have xone near you). I would also buy as soon as you know for sure that you are going. The tickets do not expire till 14 days after the first day is used (unless you buy the no experation option, in which case they never expire). This will protect you from any price increases that happen before you go.

Marilyn Michetti
03-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Prices keep going up - not a lot each time - but was it three times last year?

We're re-decorating, so I don't want to spend the money now, but it's something to think about.:(

bdm@pga
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Sure you can buy them there,BUT....if your a member of AAA, they have some really good deals on them and you can save money..plus if you are driving you can get a special parking pass that allows you to park right next to the gates...CHECK IT OUT!

Goes4FastPass
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Sure you can buy them there,BUT....if your a member of AAA, they have some really good deals on them and you can save money..plus if you are driving you can get a special parking pass that allows you to park right next to the gates...CHECK IT OUT!I'm a AAA member and the last time I checked they offered substantial discounts on lodging at WDW but no discount on park admission media at all.

Is this a recent change?

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Stay away from Ebay. You don't know what you're getting. Stick with a reputable vendor or wait until you get to the World :mickey:

allie_to_you
03-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I would definitely advice getting your tickets early...that way when you get there, you are ready to go and don't have to stand in line to get them. Also, there are websites that where you can get your tickets discounted or even get some free days. If you pm me, I will give you the website of the company we are using. We are getting a 7-day MYW + hopping for the the price of a 4-day MYW = hopping

JikoMarie
03-30-2007, 03:24 PM
I recommend buying your tickets now. They are cheaper if you get them ahead of time, and I always do it as soon as my plans are made (and before Disney decides to raise prices again). We always get ours online. Shop around.:mickey:

I agree. It's almost always cheaper to buy them ahead of time. This goes for any theme park.

I would NOT recommend buying tickets through Ebay. Most people sell tickets that are expired and/or fake.

Quite recently there has been a lot of attention placed on these eBay scams.

I'm a AAA member and the last time I checked they offered substantial discounts on lodging at WDW but no discount on park admission media at all.

Is this a recent change?

A quick scan of their site shows that they do offer discounted packages that include discounts on theme park tickets.

caryrae
03-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Get them when ever you can afford them. I have never seen lines at the parks to get tickets if you wait til then.

This is the intercot link. Just be careful with the 1 and 2 day tickets they cost $5 more then the gate price.

http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC