PDA

View Full Version : Shirts allowed at waterparks?

chicade88
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I was curious if any type of shirts were allowed in the waterparks? My Bf got severely burned from some scalding water as a child and has scars all over his shoulders and back and is really self-conscious of this and was hoping to simply avoid his embarassment with him being allowed to wear a shirt (or a form-fitting surfing style one even?). Thanks for any help!

Buttercup
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Sure they're allowed! Lots of people wear t-shirts at the waterparks, for all sorts of reasons.

chicade88
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
GREAT! Thanks! They don't allow them at our local waterpark so this is wonderful news!

Touchdown
03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Just make sure the shirt doesnt have any metal or plastic on it, they dont let you on the slides with shirts that have them.

Fangorn
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
One thing to be aware of (I learned the hard way):

dark colored cotton t-shirts can fade severely due to the chlorine (or whatever they use) in the water. I spent approx an hour in the lazy river at TL on year while wearing a dark purple t-shirt. The part of the shirt that was in the water most of that time (the bottom half of the back of the shirt) ended up a lovely light lavender. :)

Stick with white or something light colored.

Steve

thrillme
03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh yes...most definately T-Shirts are fine at water parks. Thank goodness. I love water parks but I am very uh...well...uncomfortable about my "shape".

Sharon1026
03-28-2007, 09:43 PM
To piggyback onto fangorn's comments - if you have an old bathing suit wear it to the waterparks. As with any public pool, the chlorine level is quite high. Don't forget your sunscreen!

:stitch2:

Nekochan
03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I have a special white tshirt (actually, it is a mickey mouse t shirt) that I use just for pools and waterparks. The wet shirt keeps me cooler, and gives me extra protection against the sun. I wore it to both waterparks last year without a problem.

Figment1988
04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
you can also wear a rashguard as well. it's quite beneficial when it comes to protection from both the sun and rough areas (this applies with typhoon lagoon's wave pool which can be rough at times)

Kristi Kay
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm glad to hear they are okay, i didn't know that.

Jasper
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
The other thing that has not been said is that wearing a white shirt as opposed to a dark color one is the issue of temperature. Anything white or light colored will do a better job of reflecting heat back to the sky and will help keep you a little cooler.

PirateStitch
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I wore a shirt on one of those enclosed waterslides and my shirt stuck to the slide. One of those bad bad memories..... So becareful !

mttafire
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
The other thing that has not been said is that wearing a white shirt as opposed to a dark color one is the issue of temperature. Anything white or light colored will do a better job of reflecting heat back to the sky and will help keep you a little cooler.

Yep!!:thumbsup:

tink2006
04-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I wore a shirt on one of those enclosed waterslides and my shirt stuck to the slide. One of those bad bad memories..... So becareful !

Wow, what a horrible experience! I would have never thought that the shirt could get caught in the slide. Something to think!