PDA

View Full Version : Old Circus World property??

murphy1
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
What are they doing with the old Circus World property off I-4 and 27? It looked like everything was finally gone, even the baseball stuff.

Main Street Jim
03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
We drove down that way about a week ago. Looks like it's gonna be yet another housing subdivision :( Baseball World/Baseball City has been gone since at least the late 1990s.

NJGIRL
03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I remember that place . In 1981 we were on a rollercoaster sitting behind Michael Jackson!! Then the next day we saw him and Janet at Wet N Wild. Those were his better days I guess.

JikoMarie
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I have a wonderful photo at home of me in a stroller with my face all painted like a clown in Circus World. They did a fantastic job with the face painting!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-21-2007, 12:07 AM
I'd forgotten all about that place. I went there about 21 years ago with my now ex-BIL. He was in the carnival business and knew someone who got us in for free.

bleukarma
05-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I used to love that place when I was little! This is funny because now that I’m grown clowns scare me.

I work in the commercial real estate title business for property all around Florida. (We’ve done a lot in the Reedy Creek area, AKA Disney property!) and that property came across my desk a few months ago. If I remember correctly it was going to be housing. I’m not 100% sure on that though, it was awhile ago. I remember making the remark to a co-worker about how I used to go there all the time!

biodtl
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I loved it. I have photos of a friend and me pretending to break out of the cgaes (they had rubber bars), and my aunt got to do the big trapeze.

bleukarma
05-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Well the file just hit my desk again for me to do an update. Actually the property is Boardwalk and Baseball but they bought it from Circus World in 1984. I don’t think I ever went to Boardwalk and Baseball. If I did then it must have not been as memorable as Circus World!

Anyway, looks like it’s going to be a Target and/or a JC Penny. :thumbsup:

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
This is information I found from the website Lostparks:

In 2003 they demolished the Imax theatre building and the land was transformed into the Posner Park development of condos, hotels, retail space, and offices. The circus has moved on.

You can do a Google search on Posner Park and find some websites giving more information on the project.

murphy1
05-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Wow, that looks like another Celebration or Avalon Park, very nice! I'm glad they are doing something there, it's been such a prize piece of real estate for awhile now. I will be driving by next week, so I'll have to look over at it. I really like that area, around Haines City. We used to stay at that Holiday Inn sometimes.