PDA

View Full Version : Off-site golf cart rentals?

MagicalD
03-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi
We will be celebrating my twin boys turning 3 by staying at a FW cabin for the first time this May!

I found some old info. saying that you can reserve golf carts from an outside company....do you know if that is still allowed in 2007?
If it is allowed, do you know of any companies to rent from who deliver and pick-up from FW?

Any other advice for a first time cabin/FW person......please share!

Thank you. :yay:

RocklandRVers
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
We bring our own either electric car or golf cart. Never had a problem bringing them in. Just that they restrict where I drive my electric car since it has a license plate. I can only use main roads.

I heard that Disney stopped letting them deliver to the sites. You may have to get the cart delivered to the Outpost parking lot. I am sure if you contact a few companies down there they will know the rules.

DNS
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Do outside businesses charge a lot less than Disney for golf carts?

wendy*darling
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Disney no longer allows outside rental companies to rent to FW guests. This changes about 5 years ago or so.

You can rent at Fort Wilderness though- at the Bike Barn. You need to make reservations for the carts way in advance- like when you make your site reservation. There are rarely carts available for walk ups.

mom4disney
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Your family will really enjoy Fort Wilderness. My kids (7 & 4) have been going to Fort Wilderness for the past three years. We love the cabins. In the evenings we always ride on the golf cart and look at all the camping sites. My kids get the biggest kick out of riding on the cart. I know that your boys will enjoy it too. You do need to book early for the cart - they fill up very fast!

faline
03-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Disney discontinued the delivery of outside carts quite some time ago. My understanding is that you can still rent from an outside company but you'd need to be able to haul the cart in with you rather than have it delivered.

Goofy1060
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I rented one from an outside company in Winter Garden last trip down but I had to go get the thing and then return it at the end of the week, so you'd need a 2" ball hitch. It was considerably cheaper (I can't remember how much, but it was like 1/2 price) than renting from the fort.

NH Disneyfan
03-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I booked my golf cart for our trip in September sometime in Mid-February. You do get a 10% discount for a 7 day rental but it was still over $300 for that amount of time. They certainly make money on the little carts. Can't wait though - costs more for a 5 hour round of golf at the local course.

laward32
03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
If you own your own golf cart, are you allowed to bring it in. I would think if they let you bring in rented carts from outside, you would be able to bring in your own. We might be going in September in an rv and my dad has his own golf cart and it would be much easier/cheaper bringing it.:mickey:

wendy*darling
03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
If you own your own golf cart, are you allowed to bring it in.

Yes- you can bring in your own carts. :thumbsup:

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Disney no longer allows outside rental companies to rent to FW guests. This changes about 5 years ago or so.

You can rent at Fort Wilderness though- at the Bike Barn. You need to make reservations for the carts way in advance- like when you make your site reservation. There are rarely carts available for walk ups.

Your right I had a company drop them to me from Winter Haven which is right outside Disney. After 9/11/01 they stopped all outside vendors from entering. I ended up buying my own and trialering it behind my coach. I now build and sell custom golf carts LOL!!!!! {link removed per Intercot's terms of service}

Camping Cat
05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
I rented one from an outside company in Winter Garden last trip down but I had to go get the thing and then return it at the end of the week, so you'd need a 2" ball hitch. It was considerably cheaper (I can't remember how much, but it was like 1/2 price) than renting from the fort.

How do you bring it in? Is it on a trailer? Does the rental company provide the trailer or do you have to have your own? And one last question.....do you have the name and phone number of the company? Thanks.

tungpo1
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
I have a 38' coach and I pull my cart behind it on a trailer. Im not sure about outside vendors and renting a trailer to haul it, I think if you have to go through all that just rent one from Disney. Here is a picture of my set up.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/HPIM0939.jpg