PDA

View Full Version : dreams come true

Deesdisney
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I just got back from a trip that took me to California for one month. I had made plans to take my sister in law and my niece to DL. I wanted to treat them to a great vacation. So I booked a room at the PPR on the concierge level. When we went up to the front desk to sign in they got all the paper work done and told us they had something special for us to not go away. A few minutes later we were meet by 4 employees at the hotel holding ballons and a couple of presents. They told us that we were the big Kahuna family for the 3 nights we were there. We were upgraded to the suite which was great. We got our picture taken next to the statue of goofy, a frame to put that in and a clock from the hotel. That night we got rice krispie treats in the shape of a Mickey and every night we got turndown service with Chocolates. The room was overlooking the California Park with a great view.

We had a great time and I do not think we will ever forget it. Disney made a great vacation even better.:mickey: :cloud9:

battle beast
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Awesome! Really cool.

scottgr
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks cool....:mickey:

ChipDale
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow, congratulations! :thumbsup: I'd love to read a full trip report on your experiences if you have the time. :)

tinkwest
03-26-2007, 04:17 PM
:tink: What a special, wonderful memory!!

Melanie
03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Excellent! :cool:

NotaGeek
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
:clappy: I am SO happy for you! Cool dream, and you didn't even know you had it! :mickey:

Deesdisney
03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
We had res. for sun. to wed. We showed up at the hotel and received our great welcome party. After going to our room to just take in the view, we went out to the ESPN zone for lunch and to watch the Nascar race. After a relaxing lunch my 4 yr old wanted to go to California to watch the Block Bash. What I saw about this it looked like fun for her and she loves to dance. I was a little confused about that because it looked like it was a dance area not a parade. But when they started to come out it was a parade and you only got to dance in front of certain characters. Thank goodness we got to see Sully my favorite. My little one was having so much fun. Then we walked around looking at all the changes while doing other rides.
Mon- Tues. We did the same things over and over again. Since it was not crowded. The longest line we stood in was Soarin for 30 min.

We had lunch with the princess' and that was really special for my little one. I think this lunch was a great idea. They came over and talked to us, took pictures, and danced with my little one. We got to see Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland. We also had Breakfast with Stitch, Lilo, Minnie and pluto twice. The first time was just to much fun so we did it again.
They dance and play instruments with the kids and we saw them more than once. They would come around and play games with us and have fun with us. We also had dinner at Goofys kitchen and saw goofy, pluto, fairy godmother and Mickey. That was after a full day at the park and everyone was so tired that I would not do that again. We still had a good time . We also had breakfast with Chip, Dale, Trek and I want to say Pluto but I forgot. We did this on a busy day and we had to chase the characters down before we left.

On tues. night at MK it seemed every ride we tried to get on shut down when we got up to the front of the line so on Wed. we decided to go home. We did everything we wanted to do and everything that was open.

We had a great time and I am planning on going back in 2 years. This time for a week.

My advice to anyone going to Disneyland or Disney World with little ones, you should go to all the character meals you can. I enjoy doing this and spending the money so that you do not spend so much time in lines for characters.

This is about all that we did. Which I think is alot. Thank you for listening. I will never go anywhere else for my vacations.

tinkwest
03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
. . . My advice to anyone going to Disneyland or Disney World with little ones, you should go to all the character meals you can. I enjoy doing this and spending the money so that you do not spend so much time in lines for characters. . . .

I couldn't agree more. We have wonderful memories from character meals with our kids when they were little. :goofy:

DizNee143
03-31-2007, 05:47 PM
sounds like you had a good time and what a wonderful surprise you guys got!!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Just reading about that fabulous upgrade at the hotel gave me goosebumps! I can not imagine how exciting it must have felt to have it all happen to you. Very cool. Thank you for sharing it with us! :mickey: