PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Walk Resort at Daytona Beach???

ldc12377
03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
We are considering going to Daytona Beach for a few days after our stay at WDW. Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Walk Resort? There are 8 of us in our group so getting a 3 bedroom condo would be great. The price we found for it is also great....Almost too great!! Is it a very nice place to stay? Any info would be great!!

mac badger
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
i have not stayed there, we always stay at mom and pops when we go to daytona, but i looked at the website and know exactly where it is. good location, especially if you dont have your car, right next to the boardwalk. it may be a little loud, but that bothers some people more than others. it looks like it would be a good bet and got very good ratings on trip advisor. also there is a movie theater right next door and all the shops and restaurants like bubba gumps. have a good time

kmo84
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I stayed at this hotel last year. I was going to a convention at the Hilton that is nearby, but I needed more room than the standard Hilton offered. I was skeptical of the low rates offered here as well. You shouldn't worry.

It was very clean. The only downside to the whole stay was the construction was was taking place on the main road in front of the hotel.
The hotel has four pools. One is a "lazy river" style pool with innertubes for you to float in. One of the pools is indoors.

The beach was just steps away, and there is an entertainment complex connected to the hotel that has a movie theater, some restaurants and gift shops. There is a Bubba Gumps there, which we enjoyed very much.

The hotel offers activities for the kids for a fee.

We never ate at the hotel. There was a small diner across the street that we had breakfast at each day. There was also an IHOP about two blocks away, but that was always very busy. There are a number of restaurants very close to the hotel, both chain and otherwise.

Also right across the street was a "Celebration Station" type amusement center. If you've never been to Celebration Station, they have video games, mini golf and go karts. We spent one evening over there.

Prior to this I had never been to Daytona, but we are planning to go back later this spring. The kids loved it there.

You didn't mention if you were travelling with kids. That might be your only concern. This is very much a family place.

I hope this helps! I think you'll like this hotel very much.