SW DD10
SW-DS9
SW-DD8
Aj
Ray
A&R DS14
A&R DD 12
A&R DD 10

Up at 5:50 am make bfast for group. Today we are having homeade sausage, egg and cheese bisquit sandwiches with fresh fruit and juice. Yummy. We leave house at 7:50 since getting to MK is more of a pain. Arrive at TTC by 8:10 and take Monorail to MK (four of our kids rode in front with driver). We find a pretty thick crowd already, but patiently wait for the park to open. A CM comes over to our group and gives the kids Mickey Mouse Pixie Dust to throw at opening time. The dancers come out, sing dance, train comes with Mickey and the park opens promptly at 9:00. I love the opening of this park. It makes the day feel like it will be really special. I wish that the other parks could do something along these lines. Maybe not quite as elaborate, but more than an old CM yelling at us to count down from 5. AK and MGM could surely come up with something fun to start the day. Especially for those of us who make it to every park in the early morning! Okay, I'm off my soapbox and back to the report. We have MK down to a science in terms of FP rides and getting the most park in the least amount of time. I head to SM to get FP while group goes to BTMR...I then meet up with them. By the time I get there, they've all ridden twice. I jump on and we all ride two times more without having to get off the train. Yippee!!! Then we walk on to HM, PoC (new addition of Jack Sparrow is good...he looks so real!!) We do our SM fp and in the mean time we've gotten new FP for Buzz. My DD 8 hated SM (I think because she had to sit in a seat by herself...perhaps if she'd have been right next to me it would have been better). All the other kids loved this ride and couldn't wait to FP it again. We kill time before Buzz on the TTA , fp SM again and head to Buzz. My DH is awesome at this- he scored 400,000 points to my measley 38,000. Group splits up and 1/2 go to BTMRR and SpMtn and SM again. DH, DD8 and I do Liberty Boat, Hall of Pres. and some shopping. It started to rain so we lucked out by doing those easy access/covered attractions. DD8 has gotten into the pin trading and since she is soooo cute she easily scored a few pins without even trading (some CM's were very generous and just gave her their pins with no trade involved! That is the Diseny Experience!!!):mickey: We continue shopping main street USA and end up with a GIANT MM rice krispy treat with chocolate ears for our after dinner treat later at home. DD8 decides she needs a snack so we splurge on a carmel, white choc/chocolate covered apple. Delicious! We meet up with group at SM and head to teacups. We had a FP for JC. This ride is so cheesy. We did enjoy a giggle or too, but I think this attraction needs some rehab. The kids jumped on Alladin Flying Carpets 2x with no wait. A&R took one group of kids home as they were done with MK. DH and I kept those who wanted to stay and we did the Dreams Parade, more shopping and some pin trading.

Home for italian beef sandwiches, salad and tater tots followed by MM rice krispy treat for dessert.

Impressions: CROWDED! Yikes, there were people everywhere and I didn't like it. Restrooms were clean. Some outstanding CM's at this park along with some mediocre ones. I saw lots of areas that needed attention...cracking concrete, overflowing trash cans, rails in need of paint etc. I'm sure this is difficult to do when crowds are this bad. How about a limit to how many people can be admitted into a park? We'll go first:blush: !

faline
03-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Actually, there are limits to how many folks will be admitted to a park but I doubt you'd want to be there when the park reaches capacity!

Despite the crowds, you and your group really tackled the Magic Kingdom and had very good luck with the lines!

Bethis26fan
03-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Sounds like you had a good day.

ChipnDaleGal
03-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Despite those crowds it sounds lik eyou had a wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

magicman
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
It may just be that you've mastered MK, but it seems like you did a lot despite the crowds.

Also, I love the fact that even in the crowds your DD8 was into pin trading, which demonstrates how the unique Disney fun will always come through.

Thanks for the report.

sleepingbooty
03-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Its nice that your vacation home is close enough to allow you to get to the park before opening, and pop back home for an afternoon rest. Thanks for sharing!