PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Attraction Narration

FormerCastMember
03-25-2007, 04:06 AM
Having posted a successful post about attraction songs and then reading another about attraction finales I thought I'd share my thoughts on the best attraction narrations.

Spaceship Earth: by far the absolute best with both Walter Cronkite and Jeremy Irons

Maelstrom: You are not the first to pass this way...nor shall you be the last

Both the Hall of Presidents and The American Adventure: So patriotic and well done

The Haunted Mansion: I mean for real who does it better then your "Ghost Host"?

Tower of Terror: Classic and it always keeps you on edge no matter how many times you have ridden it

The Great Movie Ride, The Jungle Cruise and Kilamanjaro Safaris: depending the cast member you could have one amazing experience.

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority: Its a perfect fit for the overall theme of the attraction.

Horizons: I especially love the infomercials about all the new colonies

like i said before in my other post...this is in no way a countdown just simply stating them as they came to mind

SpecJoe Magic
03-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Tower of Terror's narration is the best by far in my opinion. The voice actor sounds exactly like Rod Serling, and the script is perfect.

DisneyMP3Maker
03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I completely agree with you on Kilimanjaro Safari's and the Jungle Cruise. I've had some who are very stone faced (even through the jokes) and it seemed like they weren't trying. Then, there have been a few who were so sarcastic on the Jungle Cruise that he left us in stiches the entire day. I mean what isn't funny about when he says, "And up there on the rocks is a newly remodeled 1971 Impala". Just classic sarcasm.
My favorite though, is still Journey Into Imagination. I like the original the best, and the new one is pretty funny too.

darthmacho
03-25-2007, 10:16 AM
There are several attractions with really great narration, which is what engages the audience.

Here are my favorite, in no particular order:

Haunted Mansion
Transit Authority
Carousel of Progress
El Rio Del Tiempo
The Great Movie Ride
Jungle Cruise
Spaceship Earth (Probably the best one)
Alien Encounter Preshow
Buzz Lightyear queue
Kilamanjaro Safaris

But none of those attractions compares to the narration on the M O N O R A I L !

Marilyn Michetti
03-25-2007, 12:23 PM
It used to be Timekeeper, (when there WAS a Timekeeper).:(

I'll vote for ToT and Spaceship Earth.:)

May524
03-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Spaceship Earth is great, the voice is very calming and comforting. :)

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
SSE......I can almost smell Rome burning!

2Epcot
03-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Another vote for Spaceship Earth with either Walter Cronkite or Jeremy Irons. Both are great. :mickey:

WDW1985
03-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Spaceship Earth is great, the voice is very calming and comforting. :)

Yes, the SSE narration is very calming. :cloud9: and I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the burning smell!

But by far the greatest narration, and the most timeless narration is from the Haunted Mansion.

:mickey:

RAIDER
03-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I am not sure if this actually counts ..but its the desiganted presenter for the candlelite procession ..always gives you that christmasy feel

otherwise its the American Adventure ..even though i am not american it always leaves you on a high ... :thumbsup:

JPL
03-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I will go park by park :thumbsup:

MK: Haunted Mansion
Epcot: SSE
MGM: GMR
AK: Kilamanjaro Safari

Figgyluv03
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
HM all the way! Followed by ToT and of course SSE.

AliceinDisney
03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Haunted Mansion to me is the most engaging narration. Perhaps because I'm such a fan of the theatricality of Paul Frees' voice acting abilities. He was incredible, and definitely one of my all time favourites. Its a shame Disney never employed Christopher Lee to do any narration, he's another engaging theatrical film actor who's voice is not soon forgotten.

WDW_Obsessed
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Another vote for HM, TTA and SSE of course! I think I have a particular affinity for these three since I remember them very clearly from my very first trip as a three year old:cloud9:

4ubie1
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM

:ditto: I loved that detail. I also like ToT. They got someone who did a great job on that one.

battle beast
03-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Haunted Mansion, without a doubt.

KAJUNKING
03-27-2007, 11:53 PM

the burning smell is one of the things that says to me "im here, in disney" i love it! :mickey:

cinderella crazy
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
My favorites would have to be:
Spaceship Earth
TTA
ToT
El Rio Del Tiempo

Dawnya
03-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I have to go with Spaceship Earth. I even love to listen to it on Live 365! It's one of my favorite ones to listen too.

Laughin' place
03-28-2007, 02:15 PM
It's always fun (and reassuring) to know that the I'm not the only one who is so crazy about Disney and the minutiae that make it GREAT.
I'll put HM just ahead of SSE. It's corny, but I like the railroad talk-thru, too.
You could blindhold me, fly me down (yes, please do !!) and give me just one sniff, and I'd know that I was on SSE and the fall of Rome.
Here's to a long - lost scent that I miss (although its back for Soaring) -- cheers to the orange grove in Horizons.:flame:

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Spaceship Earth! :thumbsup: :mickey:

slt21
03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Spaceship Earth for me, definitely; it came to mind immediately when I read the title of the thread.

It's sooooo comforting to lay back and listen to.

AdventurerKim
03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Haunted Mansion is :number1: out of all the rides in all of the parks! Other greats are Rio del Tiempo, Jungle Cruise (when the speaker is funny and not dull), TTA, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, and the monorail announcements. :mickey:

slt21
03-31-2007, 02:53 PM
[...] and the monorail announcements.

:D

"Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

Hehe.:mickey: