PDA

View Full Version : Best place for a frappe?

disneyfan369
03-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Anybody know where the best place for a frappe is? I'm a big fan of them, and I know a trip to Disney won't be complete without one. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Hello fellow New Englander :D , we are the only place in the US who calls them frappes by the way. Outside of New England, they are simply called milk shakes. Definitely, the best place to go for anything ice cream related is Beaches & Cream at the Yacht Club resort. It's styled after an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Seating is pretty limited, but they do offer take out.

moe513
03-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm also from New England and we call
them "cabinets". Anybody else heard of that ?? My favorite is a coffee cabinet made with coffee ice cream.

disneyfan369
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey Moe,
Are you from RI? I think that's where frappes are called cabinets.

moe513
03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Disneyfan369,

You are correct.

Speedy1998
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
And Yankees say us Southerns talk funny.

NotaGeek
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Hello fellow New Englander :D , we are the only place in the US who calls them frappes by the way. Outside of New England, they are simply called milk shakes. Definitely, the best place to go for anything ice cream related is Beaches & Cream at the Yacht Club resort. It's styled after an old fashioned ice cream parlor. Seating is pretty limited, but they do offer take out.

Anybody know where the best place for a frappe is? I'm a big fan of them, and I know a trip to Disney won't be complete without one. :mickey:

:funny: I totally thought I was crazy when I read this and had NO idea what you were talking about! I thought you were using a cool abbreviation for a Frappuccino from Starbucks!!

Melanie
03-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I thought you were using a cool abbreviation for a Frappuccino from Starbucks!!

Me too, Michael, cause that's what I call them! :D

disneyfan369
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM

We don't talk funny. We have our own special way of saying things. :D

:funny: I totally thought I was crazy when I read this and had NO idea what you were talking about! I thought you were using a cool abbreviation for a Frappuccino from Starbucks!!

Nope, it's just a fancy New England term for a frappe. I've been calling it that since I was a little kid. And a side note: frappes are milkshakes with ice cream. Yum! :)

TammiMcMan
03-25-2007, 07:44 PM
We don't talk funny. We have our own special way of saying things. :D

And a side note: frappes are milkshakes with ice cream. Yum! :)Yup, there's a method to our madness as well:

Chocolate Milk - Chocolate syrup mixed with a spoon into milk

Chocolate Milk Shake - Chocolate syrup blended into the milk (making it very frothy)

Chocolate Frappe - Chocolate syrup put in a blender with ice cream and milk, blender is set to the "frappe" speed

NotaGeek
03-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Yup, there's a method to our madness as well:

Chocolate Milk - Chocolate syrup mixed with a spoon into milk

Chocolate Milk Shake - Chocolate syrup blended into the milk (making it very frothy)

Chocolate Frappe - Chocolate syrup put in a blender with ice cream and milk, blender is set to the "frappe" speed

Just for fun, here's the South Western version:

Chocolate Milk -- Nestle's Quik stirred into Milk

Chocolate Milk Shake -- One visit to Sonic

Chocolate Frappe -- As stated, visit Starbucks!

:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
03-26-2007, 12:19 PM
You guys are all crackin me up. I remember my first trip out of Maine, I went to Florida to visit DMIL. We stopped at an ice cream shop and I tried to order a Frappe and the guy looked at me like I was on glue. He had no clue what I was talking about. I tried to explain it to him and he just got more confused so I ended up just ordering a milkshake (and it was too runny). A Frappe absolutely has to be so thick that you almost pop a blood vessel trying to **** it through a straw, that is why they are served with a spoon.

ffrda
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
This is too funny. Just this past weekend I asked for a "frappe" at the "Tune In Lounge" (attached to 50's Prime Time Cafe) and the bartender looked at me like I was an alien.
I explained what I meant and he said he called it a "shake". They have Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry........and they were good.

SBETigg
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
That's funny. I've lived in New England my entire life (except for one year in MI)and no one around me has ever referred to milkshakes as frappes. I'm familiar with the term, but in Western MA, they are milkshakes.

The Birnbaum guide referred to Min and Bill's Dockside at MGM as having the best milkshakes, but we went and tried them and they were more like soft-serve ice cream in a cup.

KevGuy
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
LMAO!!! No one better mention a Fribble then ahahahaha!! Or the southern folk will really be confused. :D

On another note, to all our non-northeast friends to just remember that when terming us all generically as "yankees", you might get a little bad feedback from people in Boston or Massachusetts as us folk ususally hate yankees lol. :thumbsup: Now after all this talk I gotta go get me a frappe at Friendly's. :D

SBETigg
04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
LMAO!!! No one better mention a Fribble then ahahahaha!! Or the southern folk will really be confused. :D

On another note, to all our non-northeast friends to just remember that when terming us all generically as "yankees", you might get a little bad feedback from people in Boston or Massachusetts as us folk ususally hate yankees lol. :thumbsup: Now after all this talk I gotta go get me a frappe at Friendly's. :D

Oh, come on Kev. At Friendly's, you're going to get a Fribble. :thumbsup: That's one I know.

Christine
04-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Exactly what I was thinking!! :D

AvonleaCF
04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I've lived in New England my entire life and have heard a milkshake being called a frappe.

But a Fribble is just common knowledge.