INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Info Central
Risotto - Roasted Mushrooms
Le Cellier - Canada (World Showcase)
8 ounces mushrooms, roasted
¼ cup garlic, minced
4 tablespoons butter, whole
1 small onion
16 ounces Arborio rice
7 cups beef stock
2 cups heavy cream
1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
to taste kosher salt
to taste black pepper, fresh cracked
1. Clean mushrooms and toss with enough olive oil to coat, add the minced
garlic and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place on parchment lined sheet pan and roast in 375 degree oven for 20
minutes. Set aside.
3. In a deep 6-quart, heavy pan, melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter over
medium low heat.
4. Sauté the onions, seasoning with salt and pepper, until soft and clear.
5. Raise the heat to medium and add the rice.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently until it looks chalky and a
white dot is clearly visible in the center of each grain.
7. Meanwhile, bring your beef stock to a simmer.
8. Heat the cream and keep it on low heat to keep it warm.
9. Begin to add the beef stock, 1 cup at a time, simmering and stirring
until the rice has absorbed each addition before adding the next.
10. After all of the beef stock has been added, fold in the roasted
11. Begin adding the cream, ½ cup at a time and begin tasting.
12. When ready, rice should be close to tender but with a little more
firmness to the bite. It should be slightly loose, with a creamy
consistency. Never overcook to a mush.
13. Remove pan from the heat and fold in the remaining butter and Parmesan
cheese. Allow the risotto to rest for a couple of minutes.
New Page 1
INTERCOT Insider is a twice monthly email
update with tips and
To subscribe, enter your email address: