INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Info Central
Paw Print Brownies
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 20 servings.
9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 pound butter
6 whole eggs
4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 cup heavy cream
6 ounces white chocolate
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 stencil rubber mat with a paw-print design cutout
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pot of hot water on the
2. In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip, place the eggs, vanilla extract and
sugar, and mix at medium speed. Continue whipping for about 3 minutes until
light in color. Change the machine attachment to a paddle. Once the
chocolate and butter have melted, add them to the whipped eggs.
3. Add the flour until well combined but do not over mix.
4. Pour the batter on a 12-by-16-inch baking sheet lined with parchment
5. Bake in 350 F oven for 30-35 minutes. (This can be done 1 day ahead and
kept in the refrigerator.)
6. To make the frosting, chop the white and semisweet chocolate into
1/2-inch pieces and place them in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small
pot. Once it is very hot, pour into the chocolate pieces to melt them. Stir
constantly until all pieces are dissolved and cool to room temperature.
7. Ladle the frosting on the surface of the brownies and smooth evenly with
an icing spatula. Place the brownies into the refrigerator to set the
8. Once the frosting is set, cut brownies into 3-inch-by-3-inch squares and
separate them. Place the paw-print stencil on each brownie. Place the cocoa
powder into a sifter and dust the center of each brownie with the cocoa to
create the paw-print design.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories588 / Fat35g / Carbohydrate69g / Cholesterol141mg / Sodium40 mg /
New Page 1
INTERCOT Insider is a twice monthly email
update with tips and
To subscribe, enter your email address: