INTERCOT - Walt Disney World Inside & Out - Info Central
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CRUNCH
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma
Yield: 15 servings
1 pound Semi-sweet Chocolate
5 each Yolks
5 tablespoons Sugar
6 sheets Gelatin
8 tablespoons Frangelico
1 quart Heavy Cream
5 tablespoons Feuilletine
7 tablespoons Semi-sweet Chocolate for crunch
5 tablespoons Praline Paste
1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate for spraying
1 cup Canola Oil
½ cup Ganache (2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and 2 ounces heavy cream
½ cup Semi-sweet Chocolate for garnish
1. Prepare flexi pan mold, muffin shape.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate for mousse.
3. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
4. Mix yolks with sugar.
5. Soften gelatin in cold water, throw out excess. Mix with frangelico in a
bowl and set on hot water bath to dissolve gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of cream into melted chocolate. Add yolks, then gelatin mixture,
and then the rest of the cream.
7. Pour into the mold, leaving ¼ inch space on the top.
8. Place in freezer to set.
9. Melt chocolate for crunchy, the add the feuilletine, and then the praline
10. Once the mousses have hardened, spread the crunch mix over each mousse
without un-molding them. Put back in the freezer to set.
11. Once they have set, un-mold the mousses and set them on sheet pans.
12. Melt the chocolate for spraying and mix with canola oil. Fill the
13. Spray the mousses while frozen to create a rough velvety texture.
14. Pipe a dollop of ganache on each.
15. Put chocolate sticks on top to garnish.
New Page 1
INTERCOT Insider is a twice monthly email
update with tips and
To subscribe, enter your email address: